Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff lacys signs with golden boy and will be fighting on the undercard of hatton/mayweather. the opponent is tba. he weighs 180 pounds fight. now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
Jeff lacys signs with golden boy and will be fighting on the undercard of hatton/mayweather. the opponent is tba. he weighs 180 pounds fight. now.
180 is very good comming back off a serious injury, 12 pounds should be no problem for jeff to shift come dec 8th.

at l;east we know jeff will get another massive fight now he's signed with goldenboy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
Its a good move for both, Jeff is at the very least an exciting fighter, with the potential of being one of the top dogs at 168 if he can improve his fundamentals abit.
 

·
tellin' it like it is
Joined
·
18,612 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Its a good move for both, Jeff is at the very least an exciting fighter, with the potential of being one of the top dogs at 168 if he can improve his fundamentals abit.
agreed. sometimes all it takes is a busy jab, followed by some power. lacy has the power, so he needs to incorparate a busy jab. more head movement wouldn't be too much to ask for would it? :dunno:
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very true, he is just coming off major shoulder surgery. manfredo jr would be perfect imo. easy win but nto to easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
Man, I just read a article the other day and this stuff is so damn funny to me. Floyd was calling himself "Money Mayweather" and how he is "the" cash cow of boxing. But in reality he knows damn well that goes to DLH. DLH does not even have a fighter in the main event of Undefeated and the guy is still making money off of it. That is what you call a cash cow. Floyd better be taking notes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
This bum should be fighting on the undercard of ESPN Friday Night Fights.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats a rediculous thing to say, the last few undercards fights we have had are from espn undercard fighters and from contenders, at least we get a top 5 supermiddleweight fighting. Just because he got whipped by calzaghe? thers no shame in that.
 

·
tellin' it like it is
Joined
·
18,612 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
Man, I just read a article the other day and this stuff is so damn funny to me. Floyd was calling himself "Money Mayweather" and how he is "the" cash cow of boxing. But in reality he knows damn well that goes to DLH. DLH does not even have a fighter in the main event of Undefeated and the guy is still making money off of it. That is what you call a cash cow. Floyd better be taking notes.
floyd's just talking as usual. even casual fans know the only cash cow in boxing is dlh.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
TysonJones said:
thats a rediculous thing to say, the last few undercards fights we have had are from espn undercard fighters and from contenders, at least we get a top 5 supermiddleweight fighting. Just because he got whipped by calzaghe? thers no shame in that.
Sense when is he a top 5 super middle weight. He aint even a super middle weight now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
TysonJones said:
thats a rediculous thing to say, the last few undercards fights we have had are from espn undercard fighters and from contenders, at least we get a top 5 supermiddleweight fighting. Just because he got whipped by calzaghe? thers no shame in that.
And in the fight after that too

But i would still watch lacey fight.

i would like to see? OH OH new thread comming up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Sense when is he a top 5 super middle weight. He aint even a super middle weight now.
Hes at 180lbs, 2 months before his fight after a long long lay-off with injury, he can still easily make the 168. Only Kessler/Calzaghe would beat him for definite, there's 2 or 3 others id favour but he could very well be number 3 in that divison. We'll have to see how he comes back.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
check the espn rankings and everything else, jeff lacy is I believe rated 4th or 5th in all organizations. like you dont box do you pbw? you assume because he weighs 180 he isnt a supermiddle? 180 isthe perfect size for suppermiddle, he can shrink down to 168 and then ballon up to 180 for fight night. Most do this anywayz, rj weighed 185 pounds in most of his lhw fights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
BigDigga said:
floyd's just talking as usual. even casual fans know the only cash cow in boxing is dlh.
I am just sick of hearing that. Everytime (which is most the time) he opens his mouth and says something stupid it just turns me and many others off. And all his fans always say "it's just Floyd being Floyd." I am to the point where I don't even know if I will watch his fight with Hatton because I don't want this iddiot to have any of my hard earned money.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top