Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Jeff Lacy signs with goldenboy and will be on the undercard of "Undefeated"

2K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  TommyGunn 
#1 ·
Jeff lacys signs with golden boy and will be fighting on the undercard of hatton/mayweather. the opponent is tba. he weighs 180 pounds fight. now.

#2 ·
TysonJones said:
Jeff lacys signs with golden boy and will be fighting on the undercard of hatton/mayweather. the opponent is tba. he weighs 180 pounds fight. now.
180 is very good comming back off a serious injury, 12 pounds should be no problem for jeff to shift come dec 8th.

at l;east we know jeff will get another massive fight now he's signed with goldenboy.

#4 ·
LeedsLad said:
Its a good move for both, Jeff is at the very least an exciting fighter, with the potential of being one of the top dogs at 168 if he can improve his fundamentals abit.
agreed. sometimes all it takes is a busy jab, followed by some power. lacy has the power, so he needs to incorparate a busy jab. more head movement wouldn't be too much to ask for would it? :dunno:

#10 ·
Man, I just read a article the other day and this stuff is so damn funny to me. Floyd was calling himself "Money Mayweather" and how he is "the" cash cow of boxing. But in reality he knows damn well that goes to DLH. DLH does not even have a fighter in the main event of Undefeated and the guy is still making money off of it. That is what you call a cash cow. Floyd better be taking notes.

#12 ·
thats a rediculous thing to say, the last few undercards fights we have had are from espn undercard fighters and from contenders, at least we get a top 5 supermiddleweight fighting. Just because he got whipped by calzaghe? thers no shame in that.

#13 ·
KNUCKLE UP said:
Man, I just read a article the other day and this stuff is so damn funny to me. Floyd was calling himself "Money Mayweather" and how he is "the" cash cow of boxing. But in reality he knows damn well that goes to DLH. DLH does not even have a fighter in the main event of Undefeated and the guy is still making money off of it. That is what you call a cash cow. Floyd better be taking notes.
floyd's just talking as usual. even casual fans know the only cash cow in boxing is dlh.

#15 ·
TysonJones said:
thats a rediculous thing to say, the last few undercards fights we have had are from espn undercard fighters and from contenders, at least we get a top 5 supermiddleweight fighting. Just because he got whipped by calzaghe? thers no shame in that.
Sense when is he a top 5 super middle weight. He aint even a super middle weight now.

#16 ·
TysonJones said:
And in the fight after that too

But i would still watch lacey fight.

i would like to see? OH OH new thread comming up.

#17 ·
prettyboywho said:
Sense when is he a top 5 super middle weight. He aint even a super middle weight now.
Hes at 180lbs, 2 months before his fight after a long long lay-off with injury, he can still easily make the 168. Only Kessler/Calzaghe would beat him for definite, there's 2 or 3 others id favour but he could very well be number 3 in that divison. We'll have to see how he comes back.

#18 ·
check the espn rankings and everything else, jeff lacy is I believe rated 4th or 5th in all organizations. like you dont box do you pbw? you assume because he weighs 180 he isnt a supermiddle? 180 isthe perfect size for suppermiddle, he can shrink down to 168 and then ballon up to 180 for fight night. Most do this anywayz, rj weighed 185 pounds in most of his lhw fights.

#20 · (Edited)
BigDigga said:
floyd's just talking as usual. even casual fans know the only cash cow in boxing is dlh.
I am just sick of hearing that. Everytime (which is most the time) he opens his mouth and says something stupid it just turns me and many others off. And all his fans always say "it's just Floyd being Floyd." I am to the point where I don't even know if I will watch his fight with Hatton because I don't want this iddiot to have any of my hard earned money.

#21 ·
The Lacy signing is definitely good for Jeff Lacy. He needs some good direction and exposure. He will likely, as some have stated, get a cupcake or two coming off of surgery and work his way back in.

TysonJones said:
check the espn rankings and everything else, jeff lacy is I believe rated 4th or 5th in all organizations. like you dont box do you pbw? you assume because he weighs 180 he isnt a supermiddle? 180 isthe perfect size for suppermiddle, he can shrink down to 168 and then ballon up to 180 for fight night. Most do this anywayz, rj weighed 185 pounds in most of his lhw fights.
excellent post. Thanks for clearing that up.

#23 ·
LeedsLad said:
Hes at 180lbs, 2 months before his fight after a long long lay-off with injury, he can still easily make the 168. Only Kessler/Calzaghe would beat him for definite, there's 2 or 3 others id favour but he could very well be number 3 in that divison. We'll have to see how he comes back.
I dont ever see him fighting at 168 again. And I dont think he could beat

Calzaghe
Kessler
Mundine
Bute
Green
Taylor now that he might be at 168
Pavlik now that he might be at 168
And he might not even beat Manfredo Jr.

So how is he top 5

#24 ·
TysonJones said:
You right I dont box..... anymore. I dont assume anything because when you assume you make an ASS out of U and not ME. Super middle is 168 his next fight is at 180 thats light heavy. RJJ did come in fight night at 185 but he is at light heavy. Thats 175 he didnt have to try to come down to 168. Im not saying it cant be done because from what I understand Hatton walks around at 180 and comes all the way down to 140. Im saying that Lacy wont fight in that weight class anymore. He'll try his luck at light heavy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.