Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LACY BACK FROM DL WITH WIN OVER MANFREDO
By Scott Shaffer

Jeff Lacy W10 Peter Manfredo... In the chief support for Mayweather-Hatton, Peter Manfredo missed a huge opportunity to break into boxing's top level, as he lost a unanimous decision to comebacking Jeff Lacy by scores of 95-94, 96-93 and 97-92. Lacy was coming back from major left shoulder surgery and though he fought aggressively, the left hook that gave him his nickname wasn't quite the same. Lacy started slowly but knocked Manfredo down in the fourth round and based on his excessive holding, Manfredo seemed to go into a defensive shell for a few rounds after that. Manfredo fared better in the last two rounds as Lacy suffered a bad cut over his right eye, but the rally was not enough to overcome the rounds he gave away. After a 2006 that feautred a blowout loss to Joe Calzaghe and a major shoulder injury suffered against Vitali Tsypko, Lacy returns from year off to improve his record to 23-1. Manfredo suffers a discouraging loss to drop to 28-5. source: hbo ppv

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
lacy will destroy manfredo, these pretender guys are all being found out now and its about time, i want to see lacy back in the title mix and i see it happening.

·
Registered
229 Posts
TommyGunn said:
lacy will destroy manfredo, these pretender guys are all being found out now and its about time, i want to see lacy back in the title mix and i see it happening.
i agree. i want to see Lacy bounce back. i think he really needs to work on his defense move around and use the jab more.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
is this fight on for sure?

lacy wins 5th round KO

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
no, nothing official as of yet but, it's being negotiated from what i understand. like dccjl said, lacy needs use the jab more, and i think he'll be back with a vengence.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'd like to see lacy vs bika, this fight is still up for grabs for the undercard of hatton/mayewather, most likely, manfredo will be replaced.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's alright Dave, we all make mistakes haha. I would agree that if this was a main even on any ppv, it would be rediculous.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i hope Lacy KO's his ass just like he did Pemberton. that was an awesome KO. Lacy jacks ya up with that overhand right. im glad this is a undercard fight. should be short nice action fight. hope he doesnt mess his shoulder up again. i had a feeling something didnt look right with Jeff after the 2nd in the Tsypko fight. he was on the verge of a KO on him when he stunned him in said round.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts