Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fight is being discussed. I am interested in seeing Taylor fight again, and Lacy is a decent guy to come back against.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
One would think a supposed top level fighter like Taylor dominates Lacy in impressive fashion, however its more likely to be a borefest with both being gunshy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Not me, lacy is gunshy, taylor isn't. Taylor is a fighter. He almost pulled out the ud against pavlik in the second fight. He wasn't gunshy or hesitant, he paced himself much better.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Lacy is always gonna be a guy I don't like but will watch his fights.The guy can punch and there is always a chance the fight will end in an entertaining KO.

that said, taylor by UD.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Definitely want to see this fight between former olympic teammates. I'd tend to favor J.T. and I'd be rooting for him as well. Could be a suprisingly entertaining fight. Taylor needs it badly coming off of two losses, but I think Lacy needs it even more. He's walking the razor's edge of being banished off the face of the earth any time now.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Not me, lacy is gunshy, taylor isn't. Taylor is a fighter. He almost pulled out the ud against pavlik in the second fight. He wasn't gunshy or hesitant, he paced himself much better.
I agree Taylor was much better in the rematch but I think one of the reasons he didnt win was that he was hesitant, his sporadic flurries didnt convince the judges that night, if he were a little busier he might have won.

But against he'll be able to outbox him and overwhelm him with his superior speed. Lacy looked terrible in the last fight..

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Everyone will say 'Lacy is tailor made for Taylor, Taylor will knock him out'. But Taylor will probably disappoint again, it will be a very boring fight IMO.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i can't say this is a fight i'd like to see. i think taylor wins a lackluster affair, but then again it may turn out to be a little better than i expect. at least i hope it does.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
One would think a supposed top level fighter like Taylor dominates Lacy in impressive fashion, however its more likely to be a borefest with both being gunshy.
:thumbsup:

Wow where were you when he "fought" Ouma and Spinks? Before the Pavlik fights he was the epitome of lackluster performances.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
i can't say this is a fight i'd like to see. i think taylor wins a lackluster affair, but then again it may turn out to be a little better than i expect. at least i hope it does.
I wouldn't mind watching this fight but I think it might play out this way as well.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts