Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Those are nice odds for Lacy if this turns out to be a slugfest, but I think Taylor will win handily for three reasons. He's not facing Kelly Pavlik, he's desperate for a win a this point, and the two fighters have mutual respect from being Olympic teammates. Call me crazy, but I think that affects the way this fight plays out.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Those are good odds on Lacy when you think of how badly he's performed lately.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This is a terrible fight...
I totally disagree. It's a must win for both guys if there ever was one, so I expect it to be thoroughly entertaining. As far as what either guy can do beyond this fight and what it means to the bigger picture, I don't know, but it's an interesting matchup of two former Olympic teammates. While it doesn't have the appeal of Vasquez/Marquez IV, and what does, it is a fight that should provide excitement and who can argue with that. It might actually outdo a lot of the more hyped fights out there.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I've got no fkn idea why I put 5k on Lacy.. haha I hate the guy yet I wanna put points on him.

No way, I'm gonna put 20k on a Taylor win.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
If Taylor loses, he should retire. Losing to Pavlik is fine but losing to Lacy puts an end to a guys career. The guy is just such a bum it's almost unreal!!

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
If Taylor loses, he should retire. Losing to Pavlik is fine but losing to Lacy puts an end to a guys career. The guy is just such a bum it's almost unreal!!
Definitely. He won't be a champion again if he doesn't beat Lacy.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If Taylor don't win this fight he should definatelly retire and take up another sport, maybe his athletism would be better used in MMA? still he should beat Lacy and I'm confident so i'm gonna bet on taylor:thumbsup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is this being shown on HBO? There are three good fights this saturday: Cintron, Taylor and Haye. Anyone know where those will be shown?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts