Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sources from Cancun have informed Btalk that Don King and Lou DiBella met in Cancun last night to discuss an interesting game plan. The high haired one and barely haired one are looking to make a Jermain Taylor-Ricardo Mayorga fight this summer, as early as June or July. The promoters are hopeful that the winner of that bout will be in the running for a potential PPV date Roy Jones Jr sometime this fall. Remember where you heard it first!

I think it'll be fun to watch haha, good rebound fight for taylor and mayorga is always exciting. I can't wait to hear the comments on this one.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Box rec even list mayorga is fighting cotto in june, july or august. So as much as mayorga's name is getting thrown around, he needs to fight someone or he's going to be rusty again like always

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I wouldnt be too upset if it happened, Taylor needs someone like Mayorga to make him fight and it will probably bring the best out of him.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I wouldnt be too upset if it happened, Taylor needs someone like Mayorga to make him fight and it will probably bring the best out of him.

That is also what everyone said about Taylor after he lost. That it was going to modivate him and he would be back better then ever. I have always said that he was overrated and he is proving my right every time he fights. He made his money now he could give a damn about boxing.:thumbsdown:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please tell me how taylor is overrated because I scored the second fight for him and it was an all time classic first fight. Taylor isnt overrated at all. He simply lost to the best middleweight in the world.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
And I think he lost to Hop, Spinks, and Winky. I like Pavlik, but lets be real. He is not the best fighter we have ever seen. He just has lots of heart. Something Taylor does not have. He is way overrated.

·
Registered
707 Posts
here it is Taylor lacks heart,desire and prefers to fight smaller guys.And allot of us didn't think much of Pavlik untill Miranda .Now he beats up on Taylor and he is the greatest!! I agree but that still makes Taylor a guy that only fights well against guys he could out muscle and take their shots Like Winky,Spinks<uma etc. I have no doubt that If Miranda would have gotten the fight with Taylor he knocks him out as well.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
We all know how well he does against smaller opponents! LOL

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think he barely outpointed spinks. Spinks is just tough to beat when he runs, I thought he beat bhop both times plus winky. I scored all three fights 9 rounds to 3. Your right about pavlik, he isnt the best we've seen but he is very good, and he's the best at middleweight. I see where your coming from. But i still think taylor is the second best middleweight in the world.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts