Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a little story about Jermain in the paper today ,it basically said Jermain is only 10 pounds from making weight right now.Ozell Nelson will be training him , but they have also brought in Dicky Woods to help out. Working on conditioning right now , sparring starts this week.Hes training in Vegas at Johnny Tocco gym.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
he's basicly it lightheavy just now then, the extra 10lbs should be no problem for him to shift,,,,he still gets KTFO though.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Thats good news. His stamina is abit suspect so im glad to hear they working alot on conditioning. Alot of people have counted him out of this fight completely, but Pavlik is flawed just like Taylor is, its a 50-50 fight IMO.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Thats good news. His stamina is abit suspect so im glad to hear they working alot on conditioning. Alot of people have counted him out of this fight completely, but Pavlik is flawed just like Taylor is, its a 50-50 fight IMO.

I agree with you Tom.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree its 50-50 Jermain could outbox him , or he may get caught with another huge shot and get koed. In the first fight when Pavlik caught him with that shot his face looked like a gummy bear , he got hit so hard.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
It should be a good rematch, the only thing here is that ,Taylor must not get caught again ,cause if he does it's lights out again and his career would be over , there be no bouncing back this time , he should have taken a different route ,but I guest his ego is bigger than his common sense

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I agree its 50-50 Jermain could outbox him , or he may get caught with another huge shot and get koed. In the first fight when Pavlik caught him with that shot his face looked like a gummy bear , he got hit so hard.
what's funny is that the straight that stunned him in the first place looked like Kelly was taking a light swing at a heavy bag. I don't know where Kelly's power comes from but it is insane.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
So what he's in good condition. He wasn't last time? There's no reason to believe that part of him will be any different. Sounds like just routine training, guess it builds the hype a little though.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No reason to take a different route , he lost and now he wants to avenge that loss and i think he will. Should set up a 3rd fight between the 2.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Still surprised how Pavilk doesn't get better than 50-50 odds from some. He's at least a 70-30 favorite IMO. I can't wait to see this again, but it's all about Taylor and the adjustments he has to make. Pavlik shouldn't change a thing.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
What some people dont realize is that your body can beat at 5 percent body fat and still not have good stamina. You can looked ripped like a horses jaw and still gas out after a few rounds. Usually this is the case in normal life. Taylor will be much stronger with better stamina in this fight. Dont expect either to come in at the 166 weight though, except 163 to 164 numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two powerful boxers. Taylor is more of a boxer, Pavlik has better conditioning. Taylor has flush power, the fast kind, whereas Pavlik has a great leverage and seems to know when to apply it. Pavlik defense is bad but so is Taylor's who got hit by straight right hands all niht the first time around. But statistically 90% of the time the winner of the first time wins the rematch and i do think this is no expection.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i've been saying taylor can win the rematch since the first fight ended. taylor' conditioning could have been better the first go round obviously. i think conditioning is the most important thing to have in competitive sports. as long as you have better conditioning you'll always have an advantage imo. taylor needs to work better his footwork too, and these 2 facets have been the primary focus of his training thus far. i just hope when nelson talks in the corner that taylor actually hears him;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I Disagree ... Taylor is NOT more of a Boxer.. IMO a Boxer is someone who is LOOKING to Fight and has a good chin .. Taylor in my mind has always been a little overated he has never seen a guy like Pavlik and now he will NEVER beat Pavlik. His Conditioning is good obviously they train for months on end for these fights but he looked like crap in the late rounds he was throwing weak Jabs at Pavlik in the 6th and 7th rounds. His Jabs Had no Zip on them at all watch the rematch lazy jabs with his hands down ALL the time. As for Pavlik with Defense .. I dont think he is lacking it seemed like he was blocking a good ammount of Taylors Punches and even when he got hit besides the second round he really was NEVER hurt at all. No Way is Taylor MORE of a Boxer then Pavlik is IMO .. everyone is entitled to their own opinion ...
But Like I said Earlier yeah he CAN win .. I dont see it happening anytime soon though

Obviously I am on the Pavlik Side .. I have never Like Taylor always thought he was a WEAK Champ... IMO .. :cheeky4:

"Two powerful boxers. Taylor is more of a boxer, Pavlik has better conditioning. Taylor has flush power, the fast kind, whereas Pavlik has a great leverage and seems to know when to apply it. Pavlik defense is bad but so is Taylor's who got hit by straight right hands all niht the first time around. But statistically 90% of the time the winner of the first time wins the rematch and i do think this is no expection."

·
Registered
349 Posts
That was for Allure- But I am glad you have that 90% thing there :) .. Taylor is Garbage.. Let him Keep Dragging his Feet on the Floor with his stupid intro.. he is not beating Pavlik no way possible let him go fight Corey Spinks or Bernard who does nothing in the ring for half the match(not saying he is bad B Hop)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you dont think Pavlik defense is lacking watch the Zuniga fight Zuniga hurt him a couple of times with nothing but wide shots that someone with a good defense wouldnt get touched by.

·
Registered
349 Posts
No one said it was Lacking .. I didnt at least.. Im sure its not the BEST Defense.. course not but its gotten better over the fights, but it wasnt BAD against Taylor .. When Pavlik Fought Zungia those were garbage punches he laid that guy on the floor, Taylor has about a 5-10% chance of beating Pavlik.. The odds are good on Pavlik I might just take him. I will be tuned in to see how Jermain comes back ..I dont think it will be all that much of a difference though, Taylor's D Vs. Pavlik was crap .. he keeps his hands down ALL the time .. L. Lewis even said he has to keep his hands up and respect Pavlik's Power...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I thinks it's really tough to be aggressive, always coming forward and have a good defense. Pavlik's is as could as it can be. He takes a few to get his shots in. His long arms keep him from getting hit even more. He could use better head movement.

·
Registered
349 Posts
100% Rayman .. But Pavlik is a Better Boxer in IMO... I didnt think Taylor was going to beat him the first time .. I am not changing my mind for the second Fight .... Unless Taylor pulls off something crazy I cant see him winning

1 - 20 of 32 Posts