Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

who wins?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joan Guzman vs Alex Arthur - TBA - Setanta Sports.

12 Rounds, WBO Super Featherweight Title

Edinburgh Castle, Scotland.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arthur is no mug fellas!

I actualy think he could beat Guzman, Scott Harrison was a heavy favorite to beat Guzman when there fight was called off.

I give AAA the edge in this one, he's freakin huge for a 130 guy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Arthur is no mug fellas!

I give AAA the edge in this one, he's freakin huge for a 130 guy.
Good call Tommy, Not seen Guzman fight before, but AA has come on along way since the Gomez fight. He is big for the weight, has a good body punch, and is fighting on home ground

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Arthur just struggled with a very mediocure domestic fighter in Foster, whereas Guzman pretty much schooled a world level fighter in Soto. This should be an easy fight for Guzman.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think round one will be a "FIRE-FIGHT", Arthur will be "AMPED UP" and want to put on a good show in front of his country men.

But this fight will end when Guzman decides it ENDS, the moment he steps up the pace, Arthur will be HAGGIS.................

·
Registered
18 Posts
Joan Guzman vs Alex Arthur - 4/26/08 - Setanta Sports.

12 Rounds, WBO Super Featherweight Title

Edinburgh Castle, Scotland.
Sorry just to correct things here.

The fight is on the 3rd of May and its at Meadowbank Sports Centre.

Guzman should have too much class for Arthur but if Arthur is in the mood and his own fans can give him an extra 10% then there could be a shock on the cards.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As you may have heard Guzman had trouble getting a visa to get into the UK so the fight has been delayed. He now has a visa and the fighters are waiting for Frank Warren to reschedule, hopefully for May10th. I have tickets for this and live in Edinburgh so i hope Franky boy doesnt move the fight anywhere else.

"WBO junior lightweight champion Joan Guzman (28-0, 17 KOs) has now obtained a visa that will allow him to travel to Scotland to defend his title against interim champion and Scotland-native Alex Arthur. "This was the last hurdle that we needed to clear before we could make our title defense," Guzman said. "Now we're just waiting on the new date." The fight was scheduled for Saturday, May 3 at Meadowbank Sports Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland, but due after Guzman's visa issues delayed his possible arrival for a few days, the fight will now have a new date. "All we need now is for Frank Warren (promoter) of Sports Network to give us the new, rescheduled date," said Sean Gibbons, matchmaker for Sycuan Ringside Promotions, the company that promotes Guzman. "Guzman cleared up his visa issues and is now ready to go to Scotland to successfully defend his WBO junior lightweight belt." Frank Warren won the rights to this championship fight in a WBO purse bid."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im hearing it could be two or three weeks before they get it on now. :dunno:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now being reported that it will take place sometime in June.

Apparently Guzman was ready to go for the May3rd date and he is cliaming Arthur has basically bottled it.

I leave for the states in mid June so the fight better be early June otherwise i will have a couple to tickets to sell!

"WBO junior lightweight champion Joan Guzman doesn't understand what the hold up is. Guzman was originally slated to face interim champion Alex Arthur on May 3rd in Edinburgh, Scotland, but the bout was postponed after Guzman had to delay his arrival due to visa problems. ""I received my visa on April 24 and was ready to travel to Scotland the next day," he says. "I was packed and ready to go. I was excited. I could have easily fought him on the original date. I don't know why the fight needed a new date other than the fact that Arthur is flat-out scared of me. He was looking for an excuse to postpone this fight because he knew he was going to get destroyed and embarrassed in front of his hometown fans. This only makes me angrier. I want to get my fists on him now more than ever before. This guy is in for a real beating. He's going to get scotch-taped like you wouldn't believe. The visa issue wasn't even a big deal. All the paperwork was in order. I'm convinced Arthur is afraid of me. If he really wanted the fight he would tell his promoter to get us a new, immediate date. It has been nearly a week and we haven't heard a thing."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guzman is full of crap. If there was no visa problems there would not have been any need to even discuss the date.

The date is nothing to do with AAA anyway, that'll be Frank putting it back just to make sure Guzman turns up.

Guzman is the bottler, he done the exact same thing when he was ment to come over and fight Scott Harrison. I remember it all to well.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Guzman is full of crap. If there was no visa problems there would not have been any need to even discuss the date.

The date is nothing to do with AAA anyway, that'll be Frank putting it back just to make sure Guzman turns up.

Guzman is the bottler, he done the exact same thing when he was ment to come over and fight Scott Harrison. I remember it all to well.
The exact response I expect of someone that only takes into account only one side of the story. Guzman wanting to delay this fight has no logic behind it and mentioning the fight that was supposed to happen with Harrison is laughable. Scott had so many personal and legal trouble, Tapia said he has a problem:laugh:.

Arthur has nothing to cause Guzman to want to delay the fight about. Joan got his visa on time, but it was still postponed by FW blaming it on them and non-existent visa issues. The other side of the story, Boxing News : Team Guzman Discuss Alleged Visa Issues.

When (not if) Guzman embarasses Arthur he would have beaten 3 of the top 10 at 130. He will still be given the Marquez treatment by Pacquiao and JMM, but hey maybe Valero will fight him when he comes to the U.S.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The exact response I expect of someone that only takes into account only one side of the story. Guzman wanting to delay this fight has no logic behind it and mentioning the fight that was supposed to happen with Harrison is laughable. Scott had so many personal and legal trouble, Tapia said he has a problem:laugh:.

Arthur has nothing to cause Guzman to want to delay the fight about. Joan got his visa on time, but it was still postponed by FW blaming it on them and non-existent visa issues. The other side of the story, Boxing News : Team Guzman Discuss Alleged Visa Issues.

When (not if) Guzman embarasses Arthur he would have beaten 3 of the top 10 at 130. He will still be given the Marquez treatment by Pacquiao and JMM, but hey maybe Valero will fight him when he comes to the U.S.
Hmmm.

I heard both teams side of events and as i said i heard all this BS before when Guzman was ment to fight Harrison. Yeah Harrison had problems but he still got himself in shape and still fought on the scheduled date of the fight Guzman wouldn't come over for against Nedal Hussein.

Guzmans team are pretty much lying bastards here because i know for a fact Arthur is in shape and has been ready to go for a while.

I agree Guzman wins the fight though......If he turns up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts