Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

There was little doubt that Joe Calzaghe would entertain another fight with Bernard Hopkins. He made his position clear during a recent interview, blasting Hopkins like never before. He called Hopkins a racist and said a rematch would never happen. Calzaghe won a close decision over Hopkins in April. The claims of racism stems from a comments Hopkins made prior to their fight, where he said that he "would never let a white boy" beat him.

"Screw Hopkins, man. He got his a*** kicked by a white boy. He's got to accept that. He's an idiot. A complete a**hole. I don't want to give him a rematch. It wouldn't be a good fight. The guy's a racist. He was never going to give me any credit," Calzaghe told The Mirror. "The way he fought against me in Las Vegas was cowardly because he held on all night and feigned being hit by low blows. He tried to steal the fight."

As far as the future, Calzaghe appears to be heading in the direction of running his own promotional company. He co-promoted last weekend's fight with Roy Jones Jr. in New York's Madison Square Garden.

"I have got a promoter's license now so I'll stay involved in a different way. It is not a case of fighting until I can't fight any more. I have always said I want to stay ahead of the game. There is a good chance I will call it a day," Calzaghe said.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
By Mark Vester

There was little doubt that Joe Calzaghe would entertain another fight with Bernard Hopkins. He made his position clear during a recent interview, blasting Hopkins like never before. He called Hopkins a racist and said a rematch would never happen. Calzaghe won a close decision over Hopkins in April. The claims of racism stems from a comments Hopkins made prior to their fight, where he said that he "would never let a white boy" beat him.

"Screw Hopkins, man. He got his a*** kicked by a white boy. He's got to accept that. He's an idiot. A complete a**hole. I don't want to give him a rematch. It wouldn't be a good fight. The guy's a racist. He was never going to give me any credit," Calzaghe told The Mirror. "The way he fought against me in Las Vegas was cowardly because he held on all night and feigned being hit by low blows. He tried to steal the fight."

As far as the future, Calzaghe appears to be heading in the direction of running his own promotional company. He co-promoted last weekend's fight with Roy Jones Jr. in New York's Madison Square Garden.

"I have got a promoter's license now so I'll stay involved in a different way. It is not a case of fighting until I can't fight any more. I have always said I want to stay ahead of the game. There is a good chance I will call it a day," Calzaghe said.
Haha Callam why you gonna open this bag of worms? Well Calzaghe spoke his mind and while I don't agree with some of it such as the Hopkins getting his ass kicked, maybe he is a little racist but that shouldn't matter as far as taking the rematch.

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
By Mark Vester

And good luck to him if he does,:thumbsup:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
By Mark Vester

There ya go Calzaghe has proved exactly what he is A COWARD He's SCARED of meeting Bernard Hopkins again. I'm done with Calzaghe I gave him the benefit of the doubt over his protected years but his actions now PROVE the theories right He has a yellow streak up his back a mile wide. He'll fight sick men and Old shot has beens.
Never let me hear you call that coward a Legend Killer again.
He's all mouth and little else

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
There ya go Calzaghe has proved exactly what he is A COWARD He's SCARED of meeting Bernard Hopkins again. I'm done with Calzaghe I gave him the benefit of the doubt over his protected years but his actions now PROVE the theories right He has a yellow streak up his back a mile wide. He'll fight sick men and Old shot has beens.
Never let me hear you call that coward a Legend Killer again.
He's all mouth and little else
Joe"the legend killer"calzaghe lmao :laugh::laugh:

·
8,579 Posts
Call it a day retire Calzaghe be remembered as the guy that chickened out.
Join the prima donna in retirement neither of ya has a set worth speakin of
Goodbye Good Riddance All Heil Bernard Hopkins The TRUE CHAMPION

·
8,579 Posts

·
8,579 Posts
Hey Calzaghe has Sicilian background dont he ?? His name in the mob would be

!!!!!!!!!!! Slappy The Coward Calzaghe!!!!!!!!! Strike fear into ya dont it ROFLMAO

G

·
He was robbed by cowardly calzaghe See my new Sig LOL
Ha!

You'll never let this one go C.J.

I'm not getting into a back and forth but Hopkins didn't do himself any favours by disrespecting Calzaghe and his all-round antics in the ring. Calzaghe won fair and square, if it wasn't a split decision there would be alot less bitching about it. People see SD and claim robbery, it was far from a robbery. A robbery would have been Hopkins getting the win IMO.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Call it a day retire Calzaghe be remembered as the guy that chickened out.
Join the prima donna in retirement neither of ya has a set worth speakin of
Goodbye Good Riddance All Heil Bernard Hopkins The TRUE CHAMPION
He would have chickened out in a lot of fights if it wasn't for his daddy :laugh:

But seriously if he retires right now...he wouldn't be doing himself any favors by ending his career the way he did...everyone will always remember RJ being shot and him beating B-Hop in a very close decision...IMO that's not real career defining...:dunno:

And Calzaghe is an idiot for calling B-Hop a racist. But I don't blame him for being angry...that was B-Hop's way of getting in his head and he succeeded in doing that.

·
8,579 Posts
No One won that fight Cal thats why to preserve his legacy calzaghe must rematch hopkins

·
Registered
661 Posts
No One won that fight Cal thats why to preserve his legacy calzaghe must rematch hopkins
You've changed your tune since I was on here last, I'd say there must be at least a thousand posts on here with you claiming Hopkins won the fight.

Boring, boring, boring.

·
8,579 Posts
You've changed your tune since I was on here last, I'd say there must be at least a thousand posts on here with you claiming Hopkins won the fight.

Boring, boring, boring.
In my opinion Nard did win the KD being the difference, but it was so close a rematch is the only answer

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.