Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the worlds p4p #1 and #2 were put in the ring together at a catch weight of around 150-160, who would come out of the ring the true P4P King?

i wouldn't even like to guess, but the facts are neither fighter has fought against someone as good as one another.

Floyd Mayweather is one of the best defensive boxers ever to step in the ring, but Calzaghe throws more punches then any other fighter, would mayweather match calzaghe work rate, would calzaghe counter the speed of pretty boys punches?

what do you guys think?

i'd say it would be very close but it would sway towards Mayweather SD, though it could go either way.

i would've thought it would be an amazing fight as well.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
In a catchweight around 150-160? Floyd would win, Calzaghe would become a skeleton to make that weight, and would be KO'd in the first second.

It wouldnt be any amazing, their size difference is too big and a fight at a catchweight wouldnt be good for either man..

In a p4p match, floyd by UD.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe your right, but i don't think 8 pounds on either fighter would make too much of a difference, would have a greater affect though for calzaghe, but p4p, you'd have to say calzaghe as he is the bigger boxer and would probably floor mayweather.

shame it could never happen i think this fight would be amazing, it would no doubt go the full 12 rounds and it would push them both to the top of their games.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Calzaghe struggled like hell to make the 168lbs weight, i doubt he'd go any lower than say a 165lbs catchweight. In a P4P match-up i would take Floyd by clear UD, Calzaghe would miss an awful lot and Floyd would land some good right hand counters.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fair play, i forgot calzaghe used to struggle to make 168, so a catch weight would be stupid,

but i think a prime vs. prime would be too close to call, back when clazaghe used to sit down on his punches a bit more before his hands gave way, he had just as much speed with more power less slapping would give mayweather some trouble, but thats if he can land a punch on mayweather, his defensive strategies are phenominal.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Calzaghe could not get to 165, he has a stringent plan to make 168 and he strugles to get there.

They would have to fight at 168 and Calzaghe would murder him there, easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts