Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone post that the diabolical Joe Cortez is to referee the Hatton-Mayweather fight I sincerely hope that was a joke. Though its parr for the course for Vegas I guess The local boy picks his officials again Heck Cortez is likely to take a point off Hatton for just :thumbsdown: hitting Mayweather. I suppose The Three blind mice will judge
Heck why hold the fight at all just GIVE Tinkerbell the fight: thumbsdown: :( :thumbsdown:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ive never been big on cortez either, i would have thought a nutrual ref would have been brought in from any country except uk or us.

if roth or giampa are judging then its a stick on fix with ricky needing a ko to get a draw.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
IMO Cortez is a good ref once you get past his extreme biasness and very selective calls. Ray Charles could even see that Cortez isn't fit to do huge fights. IMO Byrd is a good ref, why not him? There are plenty better than Cortez.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Rayman said:
Smoger is the best right now, and understands a fight is a fight damnit :p
Yep, Smoger is another fine choice, but they pick Cortez. A great match up has now been ruined.:(

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What happened to the Richard Steeles, Mills Lanes, Frank Cappuccino, and Carlos Padilla's of boxing? All these guys were good. I guess reffing a fight nowadays is too risky to attract good talent.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i really like dave parris, i dont recall him ever being involved in controvesy in all his years of refing.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
C.J.Rock said:
I saw someone post that the diabolical Joe Cortez is to referee the Hatton-Mayweather fight I sincerely hope that was a joke. Though its parr for the course for Vegas I guess The local boy picks his officials again Heck Cortez is likely to take a point off Hatton for just :thumbsdown: hitting Mayweather. I suppose The Three blind mice will judge
Heck why hold the fight at all just GIVE Tinkerbell the fight: thumbsdown: :( :thumbsdown:
For someone who complains daily about Floyd you have him beat in the bitching category. Someone call the WAAHHHHHmbulance for C.J.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol you didnt just mention him.. uh oh.. Shane and Lance were just saying in another about how bad the Zoo-Ricky ref was:laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
WTF guys? (Parris WTF you are an idiot) Smoger, Cortez, Bayless...those are three of the top referees in the sport. This is the most pathetic thing I have ever read here. We have guys complaining about a referee when two great boxers are going to be what matters.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
LeedsLad said:
lol you didnt just mention him.. uh oh.. Shane and Lance were just saying in another about how bad the Zoo-Ricky ref was:laugh:
Whoever did that fight is the alltime worst referee from any sport in any country on any planet. Someone must have told him that it was an MMA fight. He should be lined up and shot.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
WTF guys? (Parris WTF you are an idiot) Smoger, Cortez, Bayless...those are three of the top referees in the sport. This is the most pathetic thing I have ever read here. We have guys complaining about a referee when two great boxers are going to be what matters.
This should be the case, but a ref can ruin a fight. I think there's just a fear that might happen.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LeedsLad said:
I think Cortez is officially the ref, who would you rather see C.J?
Steve Smoger Kenny Bayliss even Jay Nady but if it were possible Mills Lane he'd stand no nonsense from either and wouldnt react every time mayweather whines like that klutz cortez will. If hatton gets the better of mayweather expect a DQ

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Cortez is as crooked as a corkscrew Watch the Johnson-Ruiz fight for one Cortez allowed Ruiz to hold & hit several flagrant headbutts too not one warning yet everytime Johnson landed a body blow Ruiz reacted like it was a foul and Cortez warned. The shot Johnson got DQ'd for was a legit body shot Ruiz went down Cortez knew Ruiz was out so all he could do was call the shot low and DQ Johnson

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TommyGunn said:
ive never been big on cortez either, i would have thought a nutrual ref would have been brought in from any country except uk or us.

if roth or giampa are judging then its a stick on fix with ricky needing a ko to get a draw.
Unfortunately Tommy youre right only trouble is if Ricky KO'd him with a body shot Cortez would call it low and DQ him

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Whoever did that fight is the alltime worst referee from any sport in any country on any planet. Someone must have told him that it was an MMA fight. He should be lined up and shot.
It was Dave Parris, whom Tommy mentioned lol he has been a very good referee in the past, but in that fight he was terrible.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
you seen parris ref a fight shane?

if you have you'll know why he's so highly regarded in the world of boxing.

cortez is garbage, how that guy ever gets to ref a world title fight i'll never know, i hold nady in higher regard than him.

i would have been happy if either bayless or smogger got the fight though, that german ref with the milk bottle glasses would have been a good choice to. (i forget his name)

1 - 20 of 296 Posts