• Holyfield KO/TKO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw/No Contest

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
If both were @ their prime I would say Holyfield, IMO he is the more of a tactical fighter and would pose problems for frazier, I think he would win it by UD

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If both were @ their prime I would say Holyfield, IMO he is the more of a tactical fighter and would pose problems for frazier, I think he would win it by UD
I would have to disagree. Holyfield always was leaning against his opponents, and if he leaned on Joe Frazier, it would have been game over for him. Holyfield got knocked out by Riddick Bowe in the 8th round, i dont think he would stand a remote chance against Joe Frazier.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Frazier TKO 8. Frazier is basically a bigger, more powerful, Qawi who gave Holyfield all he could handle.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Michael Dokes gave Holyfield much more problems than he should. Holyfield would find alot of problems with a guy like Frazier, who never stops smoking and is much much harder to keep away than Michael Dokes, not to mention hes vetter than Doeks in any department.

I couldnt agree more Bill, Frazier would be much harder than Quawi, who gave Holyfield one hell of a hard time.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I would have to disagree. Holyfield always was leaning against his opponents, and if he leaned on Joe Frazier, it would have been game over for him. Holyfield got knocked out by Riddick Bowe in the 8th round, i dont think he would stand a remote chance against Joe Frazier.
He wasn't just leaning, he was headbutting, Bowe hit him with mostly uppercuts, Frazier is known for hooks he seldom through uppercuts. Saying he doesn't stand a remote chance is ludicrous.
Frazier would have let his fists go way more than Bowe who beat Evander twice. I see a huge left hook closing the curtains.
You sure about that? Bowe threw a ton of hard punches in those fights, Frazier could also throw a ton, but way more than Bowe threw in those fights is exaggerating to the tenth.
Frazier TKO 8. Frazier is basically a bigger, more powerful, Qawi who gave Holyfield all he could handle.
When Holyfield fought Qawi, he was still a pup, you can't really go off their first fight. Holyfield knocked him out in 4 in the rematch btw.
Michael Dokes gave Holyfield much more problems than he should. Holyfield would find alot of problems with a guy like Frazier, who never stops smoking and is much much harder to keep away than Michael Dokes, not to mention hes vetter than Doeks in any department.

I couldnt agree more Bill, Frazier would be much harder than Quawi, who gave Holyfield one hell of a hard time.
If I remember correctly Dokes was his first fight in the heavyweight division, Dokes was taller than him and he had problems with guys like that. He still had to turn his cruiserweight body and fill it out to a heavyweight frame.

This is a much closer fight than many are predicting, Holyfield was only knocked out by Bowe who is no slouch in the power department and it was at a time he was having heart problems, etc. This would be a very close back and forth entertaining fight , not nearly the one sided fight predicted. I went for Frazier UD 15, but I could see this being as a SD MD a draw or Holyield getting the decision, I can also see Frazier getting a late round Ko but that has the slimmest of chances IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Bert Cooper almost knocked Holyfield out, and gave him one good fight. I really liked Bert Cooper and he was a true warrior, but he wasnt anywhere close Frazier's level..

Holyfield had one great chin but I think Frazier would overwhelm him.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Bert Cooper almost knocked Holyfield out, and gave him one good fight. I really liked Bert Cooper and he was a true warrior, but he wasnt anywhere close Frazier's level..

Holyfield had one great chin but I think Frazier would overwhelm him.
Holyfield had a great chin with a great heart to boot, old Foreman didn't hurt him, Tyson out of prison who was still one of the hardest hitters couldn't do anything, prime Lennox couldn't knock him out while Evander was out of his prime and he landed plenty of shots to be able to, so I don't think Frazier would overwhelm him. I do think it would be a back and forth fight FOTY type fight with Joe winning in the end.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Holyfield had a great chin with a great heart to boot, old Foreman didn't hurt him, Tyson out of prison who was still one of the hardest hitters couldn't do anything, prime Lennox couldn't knock him out while Evander was out of his prime and he landed plenty of shots to be able to, so I don't think Frazier would overwhelm him. I do think it would be a back and forth fight FOTY type fight with Joe winning in the end.
George had Evander staggered at one point.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Holyfield could take ONE big punch, and he did in these situations you mentioned. He did get stunned a few times (like ag Michael Moorer II) but he quicly recovered.

BUt it keeps occouring to me when that the fact was hurt/knockedown by "smokin" Bert Cooper and Riddick Bowe, he was taking punches in bunches. The best "smokin" of all time would sure be much better than Cooper, he could throw loads and loads of punches. He could win either by decision or late stoppage.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I think I may have egasterated when I said that Holyfeild did not stand a remote chance. But everything points to Frazier being the winner, and he also had a harder punch than Riddick Bowe and Mike Tyson did (at least at the time that Tyson fought Holyfeild).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts