Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday at the Ten Goose Boxing Club in Van Nuys, California, Fightnews.com was in the house as WBC interim lightweight champion Joel "El Cepillo" Casamayor (34-3-1, 21 KOs) impressively showed his speed and strength during an intense workout. After eleven rounds of sparring, the 36-year-old 1992 Olympic Gold Medalist reviewed the game plan for his November 10 showdown with Jose Armando Santa-Cruz (25-2, 14 KOs) with trainer Joe Goossen before doing some work on the heavy bags. Casamayor spoke about his return from a year layoff, plans to dispose of Santa-Cruz and a challenge to Manny Pacquiao: "If you want to fight at 135 you have to fight Casamayor or you are not fighting the champion."

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Casamayor may just be over the boxing hill. When is the last time he fought? It seems like it has been over a year. Pacquiao by UD.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
it has been a while since he last fought. casamayor still has some juice left, so i think he can get take pac. he'll be able to deal with manny' shots being he's been in with harder punchers in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he can beat Pac, but isnt that his style to fight once a year.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I do wonder how much Casa has left. Hes fought big punchers like JLC, Corrales and Freitas and it does make you wonder how much more he can take.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Fighting once a year is not a good idea at 36. He needs to be more active, even if he takes weaker opponents.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think hes been fighting 1 every 10 months or something like that for a while now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts