Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
I've got Marquez for this one. He's not really going to struggle with the fact that Casa is a southpaw,as he's faced plenty of them, and whilst casa is very tricky, i think marquez has got the technical skills.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is a close one. But am going to be controversial and go with Casamayor :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
JMM with a brutal TKO

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm sure Casa will be up for the task, but the difference between these two guys is that Marquez never has a night like Joel did against Santa Cruz. Hopefully it won't be a counterpunching waiting game.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I HAVE TO GO WITH MARQUEZ ON THIS ONE, LATE ROUND KNOCKOUT, STYLES MAKE FIGHTS, I DON'T SEE THIS FIGHT BEING VERY EXCITING, I PREDICT FOR THE MOST PART IT WILL BE MARQUEZ PRESSURING CASAMAYOR AND LANDING SOME GREAT ACURATE PUNCHES, THUS LEAVING CASAMAYOR TO DO WHAT HE DOES BEST RUN FROM THE THUNDER AND TRY TO STEAL A LIGHTNING DECISION, BUT SOONER OR LATER THE PRESSURE AND ACURATE PUNCHES BY MARQUEZ WILL FINALLY PAY OFF LEAVING THE JUDGES NO SAY IN THE OUTCOME.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Casamayor by UD. He's bigger. He's stronger. And just as skilled and smart as Marquez.
Bigger, as skilled, and as smart, I agree, but stronger, I'm not so sure. Less than a year ago on the Cotto/Mosley undercard Joel looked like a dead man walking. Marquez, even in the face of defeat looked as solid as ever against Pacquiao in their rematch. If a raw, unpolished brawler like Katsidis can have his way with Casamayor at times, I have to wonder what a sharp punching guy with pinpoint precision like Marquez can do to him. I definitely don't think he'll walk right into those punches that Katsidis did.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I'm going for the underdog: Casamayor by a close decision or maybe a late stoppage. He's surprised me in the past, I think he'll do it again.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Juan Manuel Marquez: "I Already Beat Pacquiao Twice"

By Mark Vester

Juan Manuel Marquez is in the middle of his final preparations for his lightweight debut against Joel Casamayor on September 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Marquez took such a tough fight for his first fight at 135-pounds to set up a third meeting with Filipino rival Manny Pacquiao in 2009. Marquez says that the entire world knows that he already beat Pacquiao twice and was robbed on the scorecards.

Marquez's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, will face Pacquiao at 147-pounds on December 6, also at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. De La Hoya calls it a fight to avenge all of the Mexican fighters that Pacquiao beat. Marquez doesn't put himself in the category of the fighters that De La Hoya plans to avenge. Marquez feels that he should of have been credited with two wins over the Filipino sensation.

"In reality, I should have two victories on my record over Pacquiao," Marquez told ESTO.

Marquez has a tough task ahead with Casamayor. He is not overlooking the fight and predicts a tough battle.

"I'm putting my career on the line in this fight. I have to win this fight because a loss would throw away everything I've done over the course of my career." Marquez said. "Casamayor is one of the better boxers around at the present time, but I believe that I have the weapons to beat him. I know that I am going against one of the best fighters in the world, a fighter who dominates with his defensive style of boxing and he is very elusive."

"His style doesn't worry me because it's not the first time I'm in front of an opponent with his characteristics. There were others who were evasive, like Molina and Gainer and other others, and they were not a big problem because I beat them. I am not going to fall for the plan of Casamayor and chase him all over the ring. I am going to cut off the ring every time and people are going to see a great fight."

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey very good post the one before me,after reading it got not more words to say .In one of the best fight of the year again we have Marquez in there.For me in a very thought and difficult fight Marquez will be the winner.:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts