Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...I guess now all the talk about him being the next big thing can cease.
Duddy got a facial along the way to a majority decision over Walid Smichet .
If this guy takes half of that number of punches from a Kelly Pavlik he will wake up in row 3. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Pavlik would definetely ruin him...

now, who else is there to fight Pavlik?? I'm thinking Abraham, but I doubt he would take it that soon

·
Registered
14 Posts
i never thought duddy could hold his own in a ring against pavlik. i really like the idea of pavlik and calzaghe meeting halfway between their own weights after hoplkins. but that puts pavlik at a big disadvantage so i dunno if he would like the idea

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
i never thought duddy could hold his own in a ring against pavlik. i really like the idea of pavlik and calzaghe meeting halfway between their own weights after hoplkins. but that puts pavlik at a big disadvantage so i dunno if he would like the idea
The reason Pavlik wasnt going to take Tito is beacuse he wanted to defend his title a couple of times, and Tito cant make 160... If Pavlik were to move up he would probably fight Tito..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow...I guess now all the talk about him being the next big thing can cease.
Duddy got a facial along the way to a majority decision over Walid Smichet .
If this guy takes half of that number of punches from a Kelly Pavlik he will wake up in row 3. :laugh:
This is an example of lack of talent in boxing. The next "big stars and contenders" are going to be lookin like this guy. No more Mayweathers and Jones Jr's are going to be coming in

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
This is an example of lack of talent in boxing. The next "big stars and contenders" are going to be lookin like this guy. No more Mayweathers and Jones Jr's are going to be coming in
Wtfk are you talking about? are you trying to prove something like MMA is taking over and boxing is getting unnexciting and lacking talent??
ever looked of how many prospects there are in boxing?

I mean man, look at the mma prospect Kimbo Slice, the guy came out of backyard fighting... and you're talking this crap about boxing?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I guess you aint seen the likes of Gamboa, Berto, Lee and Khan.

Duddy is overated, but he makes for exciting fights.

Modern day Gatti......

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just saw the highlights for the Duddy Fight .. He got CUT UP ... I think Pavlik will Kill Duddy..he might have fought some crappy guys over the sea's to have an undefeated record like that.... Pavlik will KO this guy no problem .. Hope something is signed soon though for June 7th

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Maybe we can get a middleweight unification fight now instead. Like tommy said, I enjoy watching duddy fight because he's exciting with power and can take a shot, but he's not world class.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Maybe we can get a middleweight unification fight now instead. Like tommy said, I enjoy watching duddy fight because he's exciting with power and can take a shot, but he's not world class.

Duddy is a good fighter, full stop. He's the type of fighter who could maybe pick up a world title during his career if things go his way.

The Gatti comparison is spot on. He's tough, honest, brave and REASONABLY talented. He got it all wrong last night and took an absolute beating. He fought the first 4/5 rounds with his head completely static continuously walking onto big looking shots. When he got his act together, started stepping back and moving his head he made Smichet look as ordinary as he is. It would be interesting to know how hard some of those shots in the opening rounds were. Some of those right hooks looked huge and at no point did I think Duddy was going down.

Eastman might be past it, but Duddy's defence was fairly decent that night. I don't think there was ever any chance of him realistically beating Pavlik, and I said at the time he was just cannon fodder that would fill the MSG. Maybe this could be a blessing in disguise for him. He might get himself another shot down the line and nick a title from someone else.

Either way I'm gonna keep following him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Id say he'll be fine to fight, i saw Ricky Hatton come back from worse cuts than that in 4 months.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am just going by what I read Tommy.. I wouldnt mind .. whoever it is .. I want an action packed fight cause I am going .. soo just want to see something good

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Now there are doubts if HBO would aprove a Duddy-Pavlik bout, a quick stoppage is something they aprove for undercards but for a main event is unlikely..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was at MSG last night, Duddy clearly got beat. The scorecards were a joke. He was hit cleanly through the first half of the fight. If Pavlik gets a hold of him that much it wouldn't go past 3.

The cut above his eye was pretty gruesome, they kept showing his corner on the big screen in between rounds. He must have a good cut man because I would have expected much more blood.

This is my first time seeing Duddy, was this an off night for him?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts