Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Ruiz claims corruption!

Monday, September 8 2008
Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

Two-time World Boxing Association heavyweight champion John "The Quietman" Ruiz, his advisor/attorney Tony Cardinale and head trainer Manny Siaca, Sr., have issued a statement claiming that they plan to petition the WBA to rule Ruiz' loss to Nikolai Valuev a no-contest and strip Valuev of the WBA title. Accoring to Team Ruiz, throughout the fight Valuev's cornermen received judges' scoring results as the rounds went on. Other allegations include 1) Judge Takeshi Shimakawa improperly kept a running score during the fight, which is prohibited by the WBA, 2) Ruiz was not credited with a knockdown in the second round (which was ruled a slip), 3) Judge Antonio Requena scored two rounds even, despite WBA instructions that there should be no even rounds scored in championship bouts. Team Ruiz is also demanding a full videotape of Valuev-Ruiz II to further review for evidence of alleged corrupt practices. "The WBA needs to resolve this matter as quickly as possible," Ruiz said. "Non-officials are not allowed to handle or read scorecards during the fight. Valuev should be stripped and a rematch ordered."

I didn't even see the fight, but I don't feel that I need to. I can smell BS from a mile away and Ruiz is one of those guys that has "never truly lost" despite that he has eight losses on his ledger. This isn't Glen Johnson we're talking about where a guy has lost several highly disputed hometown decisions. This is a terribly boring fighter who couldn't come to terms with the fact that he kept belts warm for better fighters, but was never a true heavyweight champ. One things for sure, he can't complain about what happened to him in one round against David Tua. Ruiz and his whole camp are a joke. Just fade away already. No one sympathizes with you and no one cares.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I watched the fight and Valuev won it with his jab alone.

IT was an ugly fight and it kills to see guy of that size throwing jabs and jabs and the other trying to hug him. It was close, disputed, Valuev failed to impress us - but he won.

John Ruiz is like Chucky from "Child's play", or freddy krueger. He never really goes away

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Hahaha im starting to like Ruiz for some odd reason hes just doesnt give up, he always finds a reason to complain and dispute a decision, altho if Valuev corner was really getting the score from the judges it should clearly be a no-contest imo, but somehow i doubt that happened.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I agree the guy should stop whining and let his fists do the talking , the problem is his fists are mute, he's just a sore loser running his mouth, he should change his nickname from quiet man to Huggie Bear.....

·
Registered
326 Posts
As a puertorican I am ashamed of Ruiz

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hahaha im starting to like Ruiz for some odd reason hes just doesnt give up, he always finds a reason to complain and dispute a decision, altho if Valuev corner was really getting the score from the judges it should clearly be a no-contest imo, but somehow i doubt that happened.
I wouldnt put it past the Germans to sink to skulduggery many a corrupt decision issued there. Almost as suspect as Vegas LOL But Valuev won so its moot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts