Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Why change his style now? It's a bit too late now.
Ruiz would be better suited trying acting rather than boxing. His performance in the fight with Kirk Johnson was Oscar worthy. Every time Johnson scored to the body Ruiz called foul. His accomplice in theis travesty Joe Cortez immediately warned Johnson finally taking points off him. All the time this was going on Ruiz was holding & hitting, elbowing & headbutting including one of the most blatent headbutts I've ever seen in boxing. Joe Cortez " didnt see??" any of this. Cortez finally DQ'd Johnson when he threw a perfectly legit hook to the liver Ruiz collapsed crying foul. No wrestling match was a more obvious double team than this was

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Ruiz would be better suited trying acting rather than boxing. His performance in the fight with Kirk Johnson was Oscar worthy. Every time Johnson scored to the body Ruiz called foul. His accomplice in theis travesty Joe Cortez immediately warned Johnson finally taking points off him. All the time this was going on Ruiz was holding & hitting, elbowing & headbutting including one of the most blatent headbutts I've ever seen in boxing. Joe Cortez " didnt see??" any of this. Cortez finally DQ'd Johnson when he threw a perfectly legit hook to the liver Ruiz collapsed crying foul. No wrestling match was a more obvious double team than this was
I think Johnson looked poor in that fight. Ruiz almost stopped him. But Johnson tackled his ass

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I think Johnson looked poor in that fight. Ruiz almost stopped him. But Johnson tackled his ass
I was at ringside with Kirk on that one the only time Ruiz hurt kirk was that blatent headbutt right in front of Cortez. It wasnt Kirk's best performance but he was handling Ruiz. Folks think i detest Cortez purely for the mayweather-hatton fiasco but he's been a biased referee for years

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Ruiz is not even worth posting about.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Give the guy a break :p Yeah hes dirty and ugly and boring but he wins fight and he fought a smart fight against Kirk he saw an oppurtunity to win and he took it :) He accomplished what Hopkins tried to do against Calzaghe :)

Kirk sucks tho :S Ruiz would beat him dq or not and he was winning the fight upto the dq. And Rotten is right Kirk looked bad in that fight but to be fair its hard to look good against Ruiz.

Say what you want about Ruiz but hes got some impressive victories under his belt.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I was at ringside with Kirk on that one the only time Ruiz hurt kirk was that blatent headbutt right in front of Cortez. It wasnt Kirk's best performance but he was handling Ruiz. Folks think i detest Cortez purely for the mayweather-hatton fiasco but he's been a biased referee for years
I thought both look poor. But Tommy is right. Ruiz ain't worth posting about

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I thought both look poor. But Tommy is right. Ruiz ain't worth posting about
Neither is Johnson. Ever since he coward out against Vitali I can't stand Johnson

1 - 11 of 11 Posts