Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roy Jones Jr. may return on June 9 against Tony Hanshaw in a bout fought in the light heavyweight division. Contracts have not been signed and no site has been determined, however the bout reportedly will be nationally televised. The 38-year-old Jones is coming off a win over Prince Badi Ajamu last August in Boise, Idaho, following three straight losses
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
PosterBoy702 said:
i think hes just gonna get sum quick W! just so he wont go out like he did
You are exactly right. He's trying to salvage some kind of retirerment after being a dumbass in those last three fights. He will always be one of my top 5 all time favorites.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Once Jones Jr. comes up against the Top Light Heavyweights (Adamek, Dawson, and Tarver if they ever fight again)... he'll be gone! I would love to see Paul Briggs get a shot at Jones Jr. because that'll be career-boosting for him! Jones Jr. is DONE!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
White Tyson said:
Once Jones Jr. comes up against the Top Light Heavyweights (Adamek, Dawson, and Tarver if they ever fight again)... he'll be gone! I would love to see Paul Briggs get a shot at Jones Jr. because that'll be career-boosting for him! Jones Jr. is DONE!
You agreed with me! I figured you would disagree Tyson! What do you think about seeing RJJ vs B-hop hypothetically? I would LOVE to see that one. RJJ couldn't have any excuses about age. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
hop doesn't have the style to beat rjj, never has never will!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
even if roy was at his worst.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tommygunn said:
even if roy was at his worst.hop doesn't have the style to beat rjj, never has never will!
wow that was almost 15 years ago when they fought. hopkins has way more left then roy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
PosterBoy702 said:
wow that was almost 15 years ago when they fought. hopkins has way more left then roy
the only way i see hop beating rjj is ko him and i seriously dont see that happening. he wont out-box or out-speed him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
I think he would out box him. Roy is one of my all time favorites but I don't think he could beat Bernard right now. He's so far gone that he should just hang em up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Roy Jones Jr. has still not signed to face Anthony Hanshaw. Jones and promoter Lou DiBella had verbally agreed to terms to fight on June 2 in a 10-round light heavyweight bout that would have been seen on national TV. "We had agreed to terms and signed our parts of the contract," stated Hanshaw's promoter Gary Shaw. "Lou DiBella was supposed to get Jones to sign all his documents and the promotion would have been ready to go. We are still waiting to hear back."
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
this fight wont happen
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
roy jones has offered joe calzaghe 50-50 on a purse in what will be a huge PPV stateside im hearing today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
The fight with Hanshaw was called off a week ago. Roy said he would love to fight Calzaghe/Kessler/Taylor. One of these guys, hopefully Calzaghe, will face RJJ. That would be one hell of a fight for this year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
The fight with Hanshaw was called off a week ago. Roy said he would love to fight Calzaghe/Kessler/Taylor. One of these guys, hopefully Calzaghe, will face RJJ. That would be one hell of a fight for this year.
Told you its not going to happen.:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
tommygunn said:
roy jones has offered joe calzaghe 50-50 on a purse in what will be a huge PPV stateside im hearing today.
Why would he offer Calzaghe 50-50 but not offer it to B-Hop? This fight will not take place at a 50-50 slit. RJJ will get the better of the deal or he wont fight.
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Top