Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came acrossed a video that shared my exact thoughts on the whole tarver/jones fights.

Check it out.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
totally agree. If tarver had turned pro earlier and fought Roy circa 2000 he would have been demolished inside of 6 rounds.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
There's no doubt Tarver was just in the right place at the right time. Jones would have whooped his ass before he moved upto HW, and Tarver would be just another 'bum' on RJs resume.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
When Tarver fought Hopkins I remember all of the "Legend Killer" stuff that was being said about Tarver. I was like WTF are they talking about? He beat an unmotivated Roy Jones, so now he's a legend killer? I was very pleased when Bernard dropped him and made him look like a fool.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
totally agree. If tarver had turned pro earlier and fought Roy circa 2000 he would have been demolished inside of 6 rounds.
I agree. Tarver ain't even that good. Nowhere near as good as he thinks. Hopkins showed him who was the better fighter :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
When Tarver fought Hopkins I remember all of the "Legend Killer" stuff that was being said about Tarver. I was like WTF are they talking about? He beat an unmotivated Roy Jones, so now he's a legend killer? I was very pleased when Bernard dropped him and made him look like a fool.
Yeah... even in these best moments you see in this vid, its clear that Roy is far from his best. When he is attacking he finds some range problems because he isnt moving his legs as he used to, both to aproach and get away.

Had Tarver fought a prime Jones he would've been embaraced way worse than Toney or Gonzalez

1 - 9 of 9 Posts