Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read that the fight with Jones and Hanshaw may not happen due to money issues. Gary Shaw just informed BT that as far as he is concerned, Hanshaw is not fighting Jones on July 14. But Hanshaw's manager said they are fight Jones with or without Shaw's support. Don't know how this is going to play out, or what can be done without Shaw?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
look at it again, hanshaw already said he is fighting jones no matter what and jones jr said hanshaw would get his 150,000

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I also said what can be done without Shaw. I don't know the leagality of all that.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It’s clear that both Roy Jones Jr. and his next opponent, Anthony Hanshaw, are looking to use a victory over each other as a springboard into the fights they truly want. During a telephone conference to discuss their upcoming light heavyweight showdown on July 14 at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi, both Jones and Hanshaw revealed their dream opponents. “I can’t wait to get to it (a fight with Felix Trinidad), but first I have to deal with Anthony Hanshaw. I’m not taking anybody lightly. First I’ll stop Anthony Hanshaw and then I’ll stop Felix Trinidad,” revealed the former champion. Hanshaw, meanwhile, says a win over Jones would put him in place to settle an old score: “A win will open a lot of doors for me. I’m moving up in weight for this fight, but after this, I’m moving back down to super middleweight. I really want to fight Jermaine Taylor. That’s who beat me in the Olympic trials two weeks before my dad died. That’s who I really want. I wasn’t focused against Taylor. I beat Kelly Pavlik and Sergio Mora, but my mind was not in the fight.”Jones and Hanshaw both say they’ll be at their best on fight night. “I’m anxious and in the best shape of my life and ready to go. I will absolutely knock him out,” growled Hanshaw. “I love the sport, I love my fans. I miss my fans. I want to give them a show to look at with a good opponent,” Jones responded. “I can’t wait for the opportunity to show you all that I ain’t through yet.”

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on Hanshaw!!!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I don't like Jones. Never have, Never will. If you remember my thread of "Fighters you hate" My three were Jones, Mayweather, Whitiker.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup. I hate guys that praise themselves. talk about them selves in 3rd person. Show off in the ring all the time. Not my type of fighters. I like a lot of the Mexican fighters that don't talk a lot of s__t. just go in the ring a fight.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
Yup. I hate guys that praise themselves. talk about them selves in 3rd person. Show off in the ring all the time. Not my type of fighters. I like a lot of the Mexican fighters that don't talk a lot of s__t. just go in the ring a fight.
I understand one hundred percent. I, however, disagree with that notion.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hey TJ, you really think PBF, Sweet Pea and RJJ are the 3 best P4P EVER? RJJ maybe i can understand, but PBF has alot to do before hes top 3 P4P of all-time, and i wouldnt say Sweet Pea was either.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Hey TJ, you really think PBF, Sweet Pea and RJJ are the 3 best P4P EVER? RJJ maybe i can understand, but PBF has alot to do before hes top 3 P4P of all-time, and i wouldnt say Sweet Pea was either.
He thinks RJJ is #1 all time. I think you can make a case for all of them being in the top TEN, but none make my top 3. Willie Pep is above them all.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i said 3 of the best of all time. i think they are all top 10 p40p and sweet pea and floyd are the number 2 and 3 best defeneseive fighters ever.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
the experts are the ones who choose and right down the best in their books or in the hall of fame. But us fans are what it really comes down to. its all a matter of oppinion.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yep, everyone thinks different things lol its why i like boxing, just debating with different people that all have there own views:thumbsup:

B-Hop would be up there on the top defensive fighters too i would think.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i also think rjj is one of the best defensive fighters off all time as well. Heres my reason and its hardly ever atlked about. The guys chin was still in question until his 52 pro fight. Talk about good defense.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts