Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jose Luis Castillo beats Herman Ngoudjo 115-113 on two cards. Ngoudjo was up 115-113 on the third card.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good show Ngoudjo!

Ngoudju was holding back a little. Might have been nerves, since he is relatively young and inexperienced. He could have tipped the results with a little extra effort. I like Herman, and I thought JLC did a lousy job, and is undeserving of a bout with Hatton. I've meet Ngoudju twice after his bouts (fights 11 & 14) and he's a down to earth guy who took the time to talk to me. I doubt that I will get cheap tickets for his fights anymore, now that he's staged his talents on the Las Vegas stage against JLC.

I was a little pissed at the HBO colour team and some of their crass and totally biased comments regarding the fight. JLC looked like shiat, and they wouldn't say it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jetcar said:
Ngoudju was holding back a little. Might have been nerves, since he is relatively young and inexperienced. He could have tipped the results with a little extra effort. I like Herman, and I thought JLC did a lousy job, and is undeserving of a bout with Hatton. I've meet Ngoudju twice after his bouts (fights 11 & 14) and he's a down to earth guy who took the time to talk to me. I doubt that I will get cheap tickets for his fights anymore, now that he's staged his talents on the Las Vegas stage against JLC.

I was a little pissed at the HBO colour team and some of their crass and totally biased comments regarding the fight. JLC looked like shiat, and they wouldn't say it.

C'mon Castillo looked a bit off but give your boy Ngoudjo credit for this. Herman did not let Castillo dictate the pace & was thrown alot of punches.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ERIK said:
C'mon Castillo looked a bit off but give your boy Ngoudjo credit for this. Herman did not let Castillo dictate the pace & was thrown alot of punches.
Don't get me wrong, I'm giving him a lot of credit, I was totally impressed with his performance.

But when Herman did well, HBO shills would say, "JLC looks rusty"....instead of "Ngoudju looks sharp"....

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i think ngoudju deserves a big fight, i had them even after 12 rounds.

·
Registered
187 Posts
tommygunn said:
i think ngoudju deserves a big fight, i had them even after 12 rounds.
Well, that was a pretty big fight, no? Vegas, after 15 fights, title eliminator?

Can't wait to see more from Herman.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Jetcar said:
Well, that was a pretty big fight, no? Vegas, after 15 fights, title eliminator?

Can't wait to see more from Herman.
or should i say another big fight.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ranking?

I'm curious to see where he is in the rankings now, after the loss to Castillo...
this is a fighter who deserves to be kept in the top three, in my opinion.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
he's at #3 on boxrec.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts