Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like Clottey has called out the up and coming fighter Andre Berto. I kinda hope this fight happens because i love Berto's style and he's a great fighter one of my favorites. I say he'd take the fight by U.D. what do you guys think about this?

Also they have meantioned a possible rematch for Judah and Clottey but do you guys think this will happen? I don't personally because clearly Judah lost unfortunately by the cut from an uppercut ripping open the skin under Judah's eyebrow

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would prefer to see Clottey fight Berto. While Berto is obviously a very talented fighter, I've always thought his lack of defense will be his undoing in the long run. If anybody can test that lack of defense it would be Clottey...and of course Margarito.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i always make a good point lol. Berto's a rising star i hope he does well and he's one of my favorites out there. I hope he becomes a bigger name and if he improves any more than he is now than he'll be amazing.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Berto vs Clottey would be a very intriguing fight IMO. I have no idea who's winning this one. Clottey is the bigger puncher with the solid defense, while Berto is the quick, crisp puncher.

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
For Joshua Clottey to fight Zab Judah again would in my opinion be a step backwards.
He has already scored the win and never looked troubled really by Judah. Judah had no power to ever trouble Clottey and i think Clottey's defense is pretty tight too. I would go for Andre Berto as he is undefeated and to win that would be a good boost for Clottey and his future at the very top.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
i always make a good point lol. Berto's a rising star i hope he does well and he's one of my favorites out there. I hope he becomes a bigger name and if he improves any more than he is now than he'll be amazing.
:p

Berto vs Clottey would be a very intriguing fight IMO. I have no idea who's winning this one. Clottey is the bigger puncher with the solid defense, while Berto is the quick, crisp puncher.
This would be very intriguing IMO. However I would have to favour Clottey.

For Joshua Clottey to fight Zab Judah again would in my opinion be a step backwards.
He has already scored the win and never looked troubled really by Judah. Judah had no power to ever trouble Clottey and i think Clottey's defense is pretty tight too. I would go for Andre Berto as he is undefeated and to win that would be a good boost for Clottey and his future at the very top.
Definitely. A rematch makes no sense.

I cannot see Berto's people letting clottey anywhere near him for the forseeable future
Agreed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Agreed. Although I think Berto is a hell of a fighter, Clottey has solid defense, good speed and is a tough son of a b1tch. Here's the thing, if this is a 10 rounder and Berto hasn't been able to take Clottey out by the 4th, he's gonna get punished. And btw, this isn't an opinion about a judges' scorecard-they know who needs to win (Chad dawson vs. glen johnson), this is who kicked who's ass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts