Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most know, ive never been a big fan of JT.

last night changed that, ive never had more respect for a fighter who came off the wrong end of a result, taylor proved he has both heart and will to win, things he's not showen for a long time.

kuddos to taylor, he'll be back!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I thought it was weak that he stormed out of the ring, but I was glad that he didn't try calling it a premature stoppage or anything like that. Also, he didn't BEG for a rematch a la Zab Judah. I absolutely hate hearing guys beg for rematches after losing.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
winky wright stormed out of the ring after he got a draw with taylor......That was the best jermain taylor i have ever seen, wish it would of been stopped in the 2nd ( so my man could of won lol ) but even happier that it was a great fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
It should have been stopped in the 2nd but no complants here. I'd love to see the rematch.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
TommyGunn said:
as most know, ive never been a big fan of JT.

last night changed that, ive never had more respect for a fighter who came off the wrong end of a result, taylor proved he has both heart and will to win, things he's not showen for a long time.

kuddos to taylor, he'll be back!
I just can't give a guy respect when he only show up to fight when he wants and fights to his opponents level. But to each their own!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It was a hell of an effort from Taylor, to be honest the ref could have stopped it in the second when Pavlik was all over the place, but i think he was right to keep it going.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
:thumbsup: for Taylor on the fight. both men really wanted to win this one. Boy, there be a lot of people backing Kelly Pavlik now.....Pavlik bandwagon, ALL ABOARD!:D :laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
im seeing one of the greatest trilogies , the introduction to this book goes to pavlik, can the body go to taylor? and who will prevail in the conclusion, man im glad pavlik won to be honest now, maybe now taylor can get his hunger back, he answered every question he could, hey, even sugar ray robinson lost his first fight against jake lamatta at middleweight, but look what happened the next 5 times, i can only hope taylor can do the same.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
TysonJones said:
winky wright stormed out of the ring after he got a draw with taylor......That was the best jermain taylor i have ever seen, wish it would of been stopped in the 2nd ( so my man could of won lol ) but even happier that it was a great fight.
That is because Winky got a raw deal man. Taylor got knocked out.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
ItalianBull said:
:thumbsup: for Taylor on the fight. both men really wanted to win this one. Boy, there be a lot of people backing Kelly Pavlik now.....Pavlik bandwagon, ALL ABOARD!:D :laugh:
But a lot of people called it before the fight, so that is not a bandwagon unless they don't jump on until after he wins.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
That is because Winky got a raw deal man. Taylor got knocked out.
I agree that Winky won that fight but I think it was BS that he left the ring. A understand he thought he won so that is why he was mad, but he is a pro, he should have stayed and gave his thoughts on the fight. But at the same time I know these guys are every emotional and very competitive about what they do so sometimes that does get the better of them.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jt could quite easily be sitting on about 4-5 loses on his record just now, the fights with hop,winky,stinxs could all have went either way, i thought he was 1-1 with hop, winky beat him IMO by 3 rounds and stinxs done enough to knick it on my card to.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't blame him for not sticking around, that was very humiliating. I'm sure he would not have been able to keep his composure in front of a camera.

A rematch is already very interesting, but I just don't think Taylor can change enough to win, only a lucky punch would be his hope. His feet don't match his hand speed, maybe that's what's lacking from him becoming a complete fighter.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
What hes lacking is defense and hes been lacking that for a while.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Taylor beat Winky 115-113 IMO and Spinks didnt deserve to win that fight, Taylor didnt either but i dont understand how some people say it was robbery against Spinks, he was so poor.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Taylor beat Winky 115-113 IMO and Spinks didnt deserve to win that fight, Taylor didnt either but i dont understand how some people say it was robbery against Spinks, he was so poor.
I agree with this post 100%

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I said Pavlik from the start but Taylor fought an excellent fight and he too gets my respect. 1 hell of a fighter, im glad he showed that too doubters like myself and indeed his haters!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts