Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juan Diaz (33-0, 17 KOs) “I thought Julio was going to box me more but he came to fight. That surprised me. I was able to lure him into my kind of fight, a toe to toe action fight. Julio had decent power which also surprised me.

It’s great if Pacquiao moves up to the lightweight limit of 135 pounds. I’d like to show my talents against a fighter of his skills. Pacquiao just fought an older Mexican warrior. Now he ought to fight a young Mexican warrior like me.

“Joel Casamayor wants to fight everybody. He’s an older fighter. I’d rather fight the best young fighters out there.”

I might have to change my future P4P King prospect!!!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LeedsLad said:
If he beats Pac he has a very good case for being at LEAST top 5 P4P.
He might be top 5 right now.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
prettyboywho said:
It’s great if Pacquiao moves up to the lightweight limit of 135 pounds. I’d like to show my talents against a fighter of his skills. Pacquiao just fought an older Mexican warrior. Now he ought to fight a young Mexican warrior like me.
[/B]
i couldn't agree more. it's time pac got it on with someone his own age, or younger. this fight could be a potential FOTY candidate.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigDigga said:
i couldn't agree more. it's time pac got it on with someone his own age, or younger. this fight could be a potential FOTY candidate.
With out a doubt its a FOTY candidate.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Juan Diaz (33-0, 17 KOs) “I thought Julio was going to box me more but he came to fight. That surprised me. I was able to lure him into my kind of fight, a toe to toe action fight. Julio had decent power which also surprised me.

“Joel Casamayor wants to fight everybody. He’s an older fighter. I’d rather fight the best young fighters out there.”

I might have to change my future P4P King prospect!!!
That isn't much of a "call out!" Juan is a bad man, but I don't think he wants anything to do with Pacquiao.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
That isn't much of a "call out!" Juan is a bad man, but I don't think he wants anything to do with Pacquiao.
I know what im about to say will be looked at as outragous but I dont think Pac Man has anything on The Baby Bull.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That isn't outrageous. As you know I am not a Manny fan. He lacks pure boxing fundamentals. I just don't think Juan Diaz is quite at Manny's level yet. In a year I would most likely pick Diaz. Juan looked great against Julio Diaz because he was pretty bad. Manny has far quicker hands and is able to keep up a consistent jab, and Pacquiao doesn't sit in front of punches like Julio did. It would be a great fight, and I pick Pacquiao.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pac Man would sit and try to trade with him because he love being in a war and he dont like to get hit and not hit the person back. He would fall into fighting The Baby Bulls fight and lose.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I disagree respectfully who. I just can't see Juan being able to one up Manny in more than one facet of the fight game. I am very rarely wrong so just trust me on this one. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see Manny feeling like Barerra feels about Manny:D . "I just cant beat that man"

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:laugh: Im surprised that you of all people on here dont see how special Juan is and how special he can be.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I see it for sure who. I just don't think now is the time to take on Manny. No doubt Juan is the future at lightweight. He is one of my favorite boxers. I just don't want to see him take a L from Pacquaio, because I hate Pacquiao.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Pac Man would sit and try to trade with him because he love being in a war and he dont like to get hit and not hit the person back. He would fall into fighting The Baby Bulls fight and lose.
i agree. once pac gets hit with something significant it'll turn into an all out war. i'd go with diaz being he's younger with great stamina and a crazy workrate. he won't fade like morales or barrera did.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BigDigga said:
i agree. once pac gets hit with something significant it'll turn into an all out war. i'd go with diaz being he's younger with great stamina and a crazy workrate. he won't fade like morales or barrera did.
THANK YOU BIGDIGGA

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I see it for sure who. I just don't think now is the time to take on Manny. No doubt Juan is the future at lightweight. He is one of my favorite boxers. I just don't want to see him take a L from Pacquaio, because I hate Pacquiao.
Have some faith in the man PBF. I cant see how Manny could beat Juan. I just dont see it. Manny likes to jump into his punches and all that will do is get him hit with 5 or 6 punches. He jumps in fires off then jump back out. A fighter that can take a punch and throw combos; (ie JMM) would eat Manny up.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I disagree respectfully who. I just can't see Juan being able to one up Manny in more than one facet of the fight game. I am very rarely wrong so just trust me on this one. ;)
You cant argue the numbers :cool:

Oh, and by the way I agree. Manny has faster hands and feet, and his power is probably right there even after the move up. Manny's movement is MUCH better than Julio's was. Julios head didnt move the whole fight.

Manny would win this one for sure.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Captainobvious said:
You cant argue the numbers :cool:

Oh, and by the way I agree. Manny has faster hands and feet, and his power is probably right there even after the move up. Manny's movement is MUCH better than Julio's was. Julios head didnt move the whole fight.

Manny would win this one for sure.
Well I have one person on board.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts