Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late notice, but I will be doing a live play-by-play for the Juan Diaz vs Julio Diaz fight tonight. Fight starts in 25 minutes.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Round 1...

Juan is wearing blue, and Julio is in green. Llllllllet's get ready to rumble!

Both guys come out swinging. Juan is landing the more effectie shots early. Big right from Juan. Julio is fighting backing up early. Great three punch combo by Juan Diaz. Juan landing at will, connecting with around 50% of his shots. Julio is waiting for Juan to make a mistake coming forward.

Juan 10-9.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Round 2...

Julio comes out still backing up, trying to catch Juan, but his punches are significantly slower than Juans. Juan winning the first minute. Julio is leaning forward, wide open for a short right uppercut. The fight is going down inside. Very few jabs. Neither fighter is effectively working the wide open body. Last ten seconds features great trading, with Juan barely winning the round.

Juan 10-9.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Round 3...

Julio comes out looking fundamentally sound and wins the first minute. Great shots upstairs from Juan. Amazing 5 punch combo by Juan. Juan wins the second minute. Nice exchange, and both guys get rocked. Juan's relentless aggression clearly wins him the round.

Juan 10-9

30-27 Juan Diaz after three.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Round 4...

Julio has a nice first minute, boxing solid with the jab. Still not much bodywork. Both guys are leaving their body wide open. Julio takes the second minute. Juan lands a clean one, two, three.

Julio 10-9

Juan 39-37 after four.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Round 5...

Nice bodywork by Juan early. Juan takes the first minute. Great volume punching by Juan. Juan dominates the second minute. Juan is beginning to pull away with nice combinations. The Baby Bull dominated the fifth round.

Juan 10-9

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Round 6...

Juan is still landing the combo's at will. Julio frustrated. The uppercut is wide open for Juan. Juan wins the first two minutes. Juan dominates round 6 with clean combinations. Julio looks slower and slightly outclassed.

Juan 10-9

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Round 7...

Juan takes the first minute. Juan clearly takes the second minute. Julio's left eye begins to swell. The speed differential is clearly favoring Juan. Great inside fight, with no inclination of any knockdown. Neither guy seems to have raw power.

Juan 10-9

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Round 8...

Julio's corner is telling him that they may stop the fight if he doesn't pick it up. I call BS on that one. Julio is beginning to get very frustrated. Leading with his head. Slow round with Juan edging out Julio.

Juan 10-9

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Round 9...

Julio's corner stops the fight. It was inevitable, but I would have liked to see it continue. Juan Diaz wins via TKO.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Juan Diaz remains undefeated at lightweight. The fight really was not close at all. If Juan had significant power he would have knocked Julio out by the 5th round. As far as a Juan Diaz-Manny Pacqiaou fight I would favor Manny by UD with the possibility of a TKO. Juan is solid, but he makes many mistakes, leaving his body wide open although Manny doesn't do much bodywork.
'
Juan is WBA, WBO, and IBF lightweight champion. I hope you guys enjoy this for the most part. I once again apoligize for the late notice. My next Play-by-play will be Joe Calzaghe vs Mikkel Kessler.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Very nice shane, good to see you step up to the plate, I hope there were a few people who got good out of this. I see no one responded, and thats a shame.........Great work shane:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I wasn't busy last night and watched the fight with my girl only, so I just decided to dish one out last minute. If I knew I was going to do a play by play I would have announced it earlier. I really enjoyed the fight last night, but I wanted it to go on longer.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you sir. It is hard to do a very detailed, LIVE pbp unless you can type without looking. That was very beneficial last night. I will be doing to Calzaghe-Kessler fight next. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
good job shane, this was unexpectidly nice. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Thank you Tommy. Why unexpectedly nice??? Are you saying I'm an illiterate moron?
no. :laugh:

i wasnt expecting anyone to do pbp for the fight, thats what i mean. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts