Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

**Juan Manual Marquez vs Rocky Juarez - Round by Round coverage of the SFW showdown**

3K views 46 replies 6 participants last post by  LeedsLad 
#1 ·
Stay tuned for the round by round coverage here only at boxingforum.com.

Note - this may be delayed in some areas because of the weird time occurences. Dont worry it will not be to long before we get this up and going.

TysonJones aka Lance Anderson will be doing the play by play and it may be delayed like I said but I will definently be doing it along with Calzaghe/Kessler.

Stay tuned.

#5 ·
round 1: Both fighters have come out at a good pace. They exchanged jabs and unfortunately, a clash of heads. Juarez has a pretty bad cut above the right eye. As far as the roung goes, I think Marquez landed more punches and won the round

#7 ·
round 2: Rocky came out and landed a very nice left hook early on, but was immediately answered by a good combo from JMM. Marquez is controlling the action, mixing up jabs and hooks upstairs and downstairs. He also landed a couple of shots on that cut eye which for now, is being controlled effectively by Rocky's corner.
Round won on my card by Marquez with clean shots and effective pressure.

#9 ·
round3: Corner did a pretty good job on the eye. Rocky is trying to press the action and establish his stiff jab, but is being countered well by short looping hooks and jabs by JMM. I have to say that Marquez is really mixing it up well early on with lead rights, left hooks to the body, great counterpunching. He landed a few flush hooks to the body.
Round goes to JMM.

#10 ·
round 4: Marquez with a few very nice combos 1,2,3 jabs then a straight right, then followed up with looping right and a left hook to the body. He's very sharp tonight. Juarez really isnt able to get much of besides some counter jabs. Rockys eye is opened a bit more, and we ended with a 2 minute round!!! The guy rang the bell a minute early, lol. JMM is pitching a shutout thus far on my card.

#12 ·
round5: Juarez came out walking Marquez back to the ropes and landing a mostly blocked combo. Marquez came back to the center of the ring and continued his work on the right eye of Juarez. This fight is official now if it is stopped since we're passed the 4th. The eye looks pretty bad and is flowing petty well now. Marquez won this round on my card as well although it was closer than the previous for what its worth. Juarez did land one good left hook in the round, but mostly used his jab to try and keep Marquez at bay.
Round goes to Marquez.

#13 ·
round6: Rocky is still right in front of Marquez as you'd expect. He has alot of heart. He is trying to press the action forward against JMM, but Marquez is moving very effectively side-to-side and is landing some good hooks after the side step. Some good body shots landed by JMM in this round on Juarez. The eye is still a mess but is being controlled. Marquez landed a 3 left hook combo that was very impressive- one inside to the head, one looped to the head outside, and one to the body.
Round goes to Marquez

#15 ·
round7: It seems as though every punch Juarez lands is returned by 3 or 4 by Marquez. He hasnt really thrown more than 2 or 3punches at a time. Marquez is keeping the fight in the center of the ring and using his movement really effectively. More of the same in this round with JMM landing straight punches followed by hooks pretty well. Rocky landed a few good punches including a nice 3 punch combo finished off by a hook, but still lost the round on my card.
Round goes to Marquez

#16 ·
round 8: Juarez landed a good left hook that Marquez just walked through. Rocky is walking forward and pressing the action, but is being countered very effectively by JMM. Marquez landed a viscious right uppercut that was just silly and then followed up after that with a 5 punch combination. Juarez came in hard in the last 15 seconds of the fight and looked angry. He was throwing bombs at JMM and they were exchanging a few good blows. Juarez is showing some grit.
Round goes to Marquez

#18 ·
round 9: Juarez landed a nice 3 punch combo finished by a strong left hook. This was Rockys best round in my opinion. He pressed the action the whole round and landed a couple of stif shots in the fight. JMM was counterpucnhing walking backwards mostly and made this a close round.
Round goes to Juarez on my card

#19 ·
round 10:Marquz got few good body shots in early in the round and then proceeded to start his combos in the second half of the round at the body and moving upstairs, which worked quite well. This man is a very smart boxer. Juarez showed great heart pressing the action but losing the round. He's got swelling in his other eye, and the cut on the righ teye is about the same, no worse.
Round goes to Marquez

#21 ·
round11: Blood is streaming down the face of Juarez now, and Rocky is trying to keep the action in closer. Marquez is fending him off with a great jab and combination punchin when Rocky does make it in close. Rockys cut is looking bad and it looks like they will allow it to continue to the final round.
Round goes to Marquez.

#22 ·
round 12: Rocky absolutely needs a KO to win this fight and hasnt show the ability to be able to do that yet tonight. He's a bloody mess, coming forward bravely through Marquez jabs and hooks to land 1 or 2 punches at a time. Marquez landed a double left uppercut, wow. Marquez is still throwing combinations with BAD intentions. He's truly in terrific form tonight!
Rocky is continuing to press showing alot of heart as both men slug it out to the final bell!
Round goes to Marquez

#23 ·
To recap, I scored it 11 rounds to 1, Juan Manuel Marquez. (119-109)

Marquez was extremely sharp and well prepared for this fight. He absolutely looked 5 years younger. A terrific performance by the champion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.