Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Undefeated prospect juan manuel lopez fights on solo boxeo this friday night on telefutura. The man recently fought on the undercard of an unteleveisted hbo event and got highlight time for his awesome left hook. Should be nice to finally see him in action, to bad i cant understand very much spanish.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's a knockout artist. its one of the fastest left hooks i have seen since tito trinidad. its devastating if it lands, especially to the body.

·
Registered
46 Posts
He got power in both hand,and yes tysonjones he will be the next trinidad or even better will see.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
umm saying he will be the next tito is a very very long reach. I dont think he'll even be th enext cotto to be honest. But he is very good. he is sitll untested yet though

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but he has much better opposition to face in the future than tito ever did in his prime. not saying oscar and vargas and hop and wink werent all good competetion but 2 of those he faced out of his prime, lopez will be in his prime against guys like cotto, williams, margy, floyd, berto, pettersons, hatton, possibly mosley, and the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
By the time Lopez gets names like that they will all be old for the most part other than Cotto, Berto, and Williams

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is very true shane. lopez is still just a good prospect at the moment, but it takes alot more than just good boxing skill and a good left hook to be as big as felix trinidad.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Il be looking out for Lopez in the future. I just noticed hes at a very low weight though, so he probably wont get the coverage his talent deserves.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rafael marquez needs to fight on hbo, guys who fight strictly on showtime just dont seem to get the credit that guys that fight on hbo get.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
True but that isn't up to Rafael. He will be televised on HBO in the near future. The ring magazine P4P rankings carry a big load to HBO.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
boxrec has Rafa as #2 on their P4P list. I think the only thing stopping him from being #1 is lack of coverage and opposition, there isnt many guys down at those weights that come near Rafael ability wise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts