Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A potentially interesting technical chess match between two seasoned fighters.

For the IBO lightweight title

Las Vegas, NV 2/29/09

Who will win?

·
Registered
64 Posts
so its offical then? if true this is going to be one sick fight. And i have to go with Diaz simply becuase of my man love towards him

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
so its offical then? if true this is going to be one sick fight. And i have to go with Diaz simply becuase of my man love towards him
LMAO. I got Marquez taking a pretty clear decision. Diaz is a good boxer but he doesn't have the speed or power to seriously trouble JMM.

Nice to see Marquez finally step it up and put together a string of fights against top opposition, he has yet to really do that so far in his career.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I see a solid decision for Marquez. He's too good of a boxer to let Diaz beat him.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
I have to go for JMM, If Diaz has a chance to win he'd have to prepare exceptionally well for this fight, Im not saying it cant happen bc Diaz is a very good fighter, but I see JMM taking a MD due to him being a better tactician and should be able to adjust to whatever Juan comes with.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
LMAO. I got Marquez taking a pretty clear decision. Diaz is a good boxer but he doesn't have the speed or power to seriously trouble JMM.

Nice to see Marquez finally step it up and put together a string of fights against top opposition, he has yet to really do that so far in his career.
Barrera, Juarez, Pacquiao, Casamayor is a great stretch by itself, he didn't really need Diaz to get that. Medina (for a belt), Licona, Gainer (had a belt), Paqcuiao, is a pretty good string as well. Good thing it's not Morales though.
Looks like Marquez is gonna pick up a belt to place along side his Ring belt.
Diaz doesn't have a belt though.

I'm not even sure what to think of this fight. Diaz and Marquez are a couple of my favorite fighters, but I don't like Diaz's chances. Marquez will find a way to cut into his output for most of the night and get the W. It'll be a good fight though, it has to be.

G

·
This fight will be great. I'm a big Diaz fan but this is going to be a real hard fight for him to win. Juan Diaz' only loss, to Nate Campbell, only happened because of an unfortunate cut so in reality he should be undefeated. I think Diaz gives Marquez more trouble than many think but I think the difference will be Marquez' superior power. I'll be pulling for Diaz though.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Barrera, Juarez, Pacquiao, Casamayor is a great stretch by itself, he didn't really need Diaz to get that. Medina (for a belt), Licona, Gainer (had a belt), Paqcuiao, is a pretty good string as well. Good thing it's not Morales though.
Morales vs. Marquez should have happened years ago, there's certainly no need for it now. The stretch hes on now is great especially considering hes stepped up in weight in the process. That second string of fights is the kind Morales/Barrera did for 10 fight stretches, over the course of years.

G

·
Diaz doesn't have a belt though.

I'm not even sure what to think of this fight. Diaz and Marquez are a couple of my favorite fighters, but I don't like Diaz's chances. Marquez will find a way to cut into his output for most of the night and get the W. It'll be a good fight though, it has to be.
He has the IBO belt that he fought Katsidis for.

I like both these guys aswell but I think Marquez is too good a tactition to get beat in this fight. Should be a better test at lightweight than a washed up Casamayor though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts