Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who will win, Pacman or JMM ?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to break it down everyone, and let the record show who you choose to win (if you know at this point)

I'm feeling that this is going to be a VERY close fight. Marquez looked better than I have ever seen him in his bout with Rocky Juarez. Throwing punches at all angles, impressive combinations, sharp counter-punching...man he put on a hell of a performance.
But then we have Manny, who knocked him down 3 times in the first meeting but only finished with a draw. Manny clearly has become a much better fighter under the tutelage of Freddie Roach since the first fight. He's developed a dangerous hook, and more consistent jab, and he goes to the body more effectively now.

I think this, assuming Marquez doesnt get caught early, will be an absolute war.

I'm going to take some time to evaluate the fighters and then I'll give my pick a little closer to fight time like I did for Pavlik Taylor.
Usually I say the safe money is with me, but this fight truly could be a toss up. I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Im goign with pacquiao. I think marquez had an amazing performance against juraez, but then again so did a past it barrera, I thought juarez had a future but he's proven to me lately that he is all hype, although he has a stellar chin and a good punch, it'll only take you so far. Marquez is at his best right now, But I think marquez has reached his peak and I think pacquiao is still getting better.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Based on the John and the Barrera fights i dont think JMM will win this fight. Although iv said Pac, im going to wait until iv seen JMM-Juarez before i make my prediction.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
he looked amazing against juarez, but jaurez is no pacquiao, juarez is a big, sitting target that rarely lets his hands go.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Marquez all the way he is confident and has been there before he schooled Pac man last fight. I am really surprised that Pac man would take this fight. Marquez has pac man's number you heard it here first. You guys need to watch the last fight Marquez had his way with Pac man all the way.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Marquez all the way he is confident and has been there before he schooled Pac man last fight. I am really surprised that Pac man would take this fight. Marquez has pac man's number you heard it here first. You guys need to watch the last fight Marquez had his way with Pac man all the way.
hey window.

as much as i agree with what your saying pac has improved his skill's and ring craft a lot since there first bout, if it was an imediate rematch then JMM would have won easily but where pacs improved JMM hasn't.

im rootin for JMM (against lunatics kind of caveman, you know what i mean :laugh:) but i think pac wins by late stoppage or close UD.

hope im wrong!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lunatic one has eyes for one and that's Floyd. We all know that everyone else sucks!! I really wonder if he was a boxing fan prior to Floyd. I never seen him write about anyone else. well except Margarito he hates that guy.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Lunatic one has eyes for one and that's Floyd. We all know that everyone else sucks!! I really wonder if he was a boxing fan prior to Floyd. I never seen him write about anyone else. well except Margarito he hates that guy.
AMEN dude!

i thought it was just me feelin that. LMAO!!

you aint been around for a while though. lol

the guy doesn't apreciate current rankins or pressure fighters (face first brawlers lol) ceds got a good theory though of the best should fight the best but that dude is king of the huggers!

shane aint got a look in! LMAO !!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
it wouldn't matter if floyd thought gatti again next at 154 lunatic would still be able to put some kind of spin on that.

(side by side) :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
While I have no idea what Tommy is talking about I can't really put my thumb on this fight. I want to say Pacquiao will win this one, but Marquez seems to do right offensively what Manny does wrong defensively and vica versa. True, Pacquiao has improved, but has he improved enough to win a war with Marquez? It is a toss up, and I will pick later.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Pacquiao should now have the tools to win this fight now,so he my pick.I dont think there be to much in the fight @ the end,close ud or split/d here.

·
Registered
707 Posts
To me the difference is going to be what type of fight Pac man brings. If he gets to agressive he will leaves himself open for Marquez but if he doesn't he does not have the boxing skills Marquez has so he takes a chance on loosing rounds.Pac man is going to need to attact and hope to land something hard other wise in a boxing match he will loose Marquez if one of the most polished and skilled boxers/punchers other there.Plus to be candid his style just looks good to the judges all you have to do is watch the first fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Windowguy, you make a good point. Pac can't be too aggressive, but he cant be too passive either. He needs to be aggressive, but it needs to controlled aggression and he needs to pick his spots. This is gonna be close...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pac-man, but only just. And if he struggles to make the weight like he did against Barrera then Marquez as he'll have to be on top form to beat JMM.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts