Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm not that surprised to be honest. I thought it would be a competitive fight, but I didn't think Campbell had enough left to win. I loved how he jumped him from the opening bell and tested his will and courage. He truly made Diaz look like a 24 year old kid. Nate broke him down mentally and it was great to watch. I thought very highly of Juan Diaz prior to last night, but now I'm back where I should be; not listening to the praise that everyone showers him with. Is it just me or does Diaz look flabby?

What's next?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Diaz got exposed and Williams got exposed. I wonder what other "top notch" fighter will get exposed this year. ANy guesses?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Haha. But anyways I want to keep this on Diaz. What do you see next?
I don't know. I don't know what the contract looked like. If Juan has a mandatory rematch clause then he will take it and beat Campbell. I am positive that Campbell is not the best lightweight out there. I'm also positive that Diaz isn't either.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Diaz got exposed and Williams got exposed. I wonder what other "top notch" fighter will get exposed this year. ANy guesses?

Chad Dawson......

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know. I don't know what the contract looked like. If Juan has a mandatory rematch clause then he will take it and beat Campbell. I am positive that Campbell is not the best lightweight out there. I'm also positive that Diaz isn't either.
I think Campbell beats him again. He broke Juan's will.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I hate to make excuses but It really seem to me that Campbell used his head,elbow,forearms etc as weapons and the ref did a poor job of keeping the fight clean. I can tell you that an experiece fighter would have paid Campbell back right away. I think the cup change the fight. Before you guys go postal. I agree that he should have stepped up and won the fight anyways many guys have with even worst cuts then that.I hope he learns from this experince and pays him back with some dirty tactics on the rematch. Also he looked to me like he ran out of gas maybe to much fun in Cancun the days before the fight? I have been there many times and its hard not to get carried away in that town.and last you do have to salute Campbell he saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate to make excuses but It really seem to me that Campbell used his head,elbow,forearms etc as weapons and the ref did a poor job of keeping the fight clean. I can tell you that an experiece fighter would have paid Campbell back right away. I think the cup change the fight. Before you guys go postal. I agree that he should have stepped up and won the fight anyways many guys have with even worst cuts then that.I hope he learns from this experince and pays him back with some dirty tactics on the rematch. Also he looked to me like he ran out of gas maybe to much fun in Cancun the days before the fight? I have been there many times and its hard not to get carried away in that town.and last you do have to salute Campbell he saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.
Good post. Nate was using his head and elbows/forearms like crazy, but if the referee lets it go it is as clean as a punch. Diaz should have noticed and did the same. This was a case of a wise veteran using all the tricks that he has picked up along the way to dominate the young buck.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Diaz's chin seems pretty tough, too bad his power is worthless, that's the one thing that holds him back from being dominant, and it showed.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I noticed that flab around Diaz as well, maybe it was nothing, but the look just added to his poor performance. Hit the books or hit the bag Juan. If he does come back, he better have his heart in it next time.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Haha. But anyways I want to keep this on Diaz. What do you see next?
I think he should forget boxing and hit the books, he's been exposed now , he better show some college smarts and not demand a rematch cause he'll get clobber again, I mean what's the sense to keep going if by the time he graduates he's only got a couple of marbles left upstairs:laugh:

1 - 20 of 128 Posts