Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen Rickys latest opponent fight yet. He is massively the under dog for this fight. I think Hatton will stop him in 5 rounds but anything can happen. I have seen pictures of Urango and he looks very big for light welterweight. He obviously has power because he has stoppes 13 of his 17 opponents. What are you opinions on this fight and Urango.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ive not seen him fight but what ive heard about him is he comes forward in a hatton type of way and he can punch.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tommy gun what is your opinion of the fight. I predict hatton will win in 5 rounds.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:
tommy gun what is your opinion of the fight. I predict hatton will win in 5 rounds.
i dont like to comment on fights where ive never seen one of the fighters but on exception to this one ive heard urango fights like hatton but not as good so ill say 5 or 6 rounds the hitman will stop it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers tommy gun. I agree. But anything is possible in boxing. I am a hitman soporter and would be guted to see an upset.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tyson-
I've seen Urango on three or four occasions,I recall a Draw with Mike Arnaoutis that I thought he won and he dispatched a pretty good journeyman Andre Eason in the middle rounds. He's big and he's also a tough cookie and can really swat,but Ricky should have him on the boxing skills. I think a KO 5 might be too optimistic,but I think if Hatton stays on the Body like he usually does,then he might be able to run him out of steam and get him out of there in the later rounds.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers dave murphy. You have a good point. Urango does look big for the weight, bigger than hatton but muscle bulk can slow down fighters especially in the lighter wieght divisions. I think hattons skills will be to good for Urango. Whatever happens this should be a good fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
maussa was 5,11 and hatton dominated this guy, hatton is just to strong at the weight.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well the are settin up the Castillo vs Hatton fight so both Urango & Ngoudjo will have to get Ko's to win. No way they get decsion wins here.

Should stil be 2 entertaining bouts but wouldnt expect any upsets.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
yeah by the end of 07 well have hatton with all 4 belts at 140, and if floyd decides to fight again if he beats oscar theres only 1 place for him to go.

·
Registered
270 Posts
tyson said:
cheers dave murphy. You have a good point. Urango does look big for the weight, bigger than hatton but muscle bulk can slow down fighters especially in the lighter wieght divisions. I think hattons skills will be to good for Urango. Whatever happens this should be a good fight.
Tyson-
I really like the fact that Hatton is taking on people like Collazo and Urango. So many times we see fighters that get into the position he's in and just go "Oh well,I'll just wait around on Floyd till he fights me"....he's staying sharp and facing tough opponents,I like that.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
this will be hattons 5th world champion in 5 fights. now thats prolific.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave Murphy you have a good point. Hatton is not fighting the best of opposition yet but is fighting worthy and quality opponents. By this time next year Hatton would have won back his old light welterweight title and defended it against Jose luis casttilo and maybe anouther class opponent

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i think if floyd sticks to his word and retires hatton will be the money fight for any body at 140/147, personaly i think he may only have another 4 fights in him after urango but castillo aint a bad place to start. by mid07 every fighter at 140/147 will not want but need to fight hatton to prove themselfes just like whats happening with floyd right now.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
tommygunn said:
i think if floyd sticks to his word and retires hatton will be the money fight for any body at 140/147, personaly i think he may only have another 4 fights in him after urango but castillo aint a bad place to start. by mid07 every fighter at 140/147 will not want but need to fight hatton to prove themselfes just like whats happening with floyd right now.

Wait,wait, wait, You saw what happened when Hatton tried to move up to 147 he got all he could hande & immediatly went back down to 140.

He may do well at 140 but dont go sayin he is gonna rule 147.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ERIK said:
Wait,wait, wait, You saw what happened when Hatton tried to move up to 147 he got all he could hande & immediatly went back down to 140.

He may do well at 140 but dont go sayin he is gonna rule 147.
once again collazo is being very very underated, give us break man he ripped the belt fom rivera who is being talked up so highly, and rivera won a belt at 154.

most fighters take a tune up fight or 2 when jumping up in weight but ricky went straight for a legit worldclass fighter.

next time ricky makes the move up he'll be even more prepared.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Erik-
One thing to remember is that Collazo is not just slick and also underrated,but he's also a southpaw. I thought Hatton had a little bit of trouble with that early in the fight,and I'm not sure that Ricky ever fought any world class lefties before(I might be wrong on that).

Dave

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Dave Murphy said:
Erik-
One thing to remember is that Collazo is not just slick and also underrated,but he's also a southpaw. I thought Hatton had a little bit of trouble with that early in the fight,and I'm not sure that Ricky ever fought any world class lefties before(I might be wrong on that).

Dave
hatton had trouble with southpaws in the past dave.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
How does one become "underrated" when they already have a title belt ?
I dont think that he was underrated. It was a very tough fight for Hatton against a very good fighter. I scored the fight a draw. I think that the move up in weight was very hard for Hatton, in fact I believe he actually admitted that himself, and then said he'd stay at 140. 140 is the right weight for him, and there is some good competition in the division that would make for good fights.( Castillo, Hopkins, Corrales, etc)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the class of champ who you take the belt off, i say anybody standing with either wbc/wba/ibf/wbo is a legit fighter and a match for any fighter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts