Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy looked sharp in dispatching the big punching Ponce De Leon. I was very very impressed with him even though we didn't get much of a chance to see how solid he'd be for the duration of a fight. Who needs that, though? With performances like that, forget about going the distance. I see more early, crowd-pleasing victories coming his way. Granted, De Leon has never been confused for being Sweet Pea, but he got worn out like I would have gotten worn out. Puerto Rico has got to be psyched. They already knew about Cotto on the fast track to welterweight and maybe even pound-for-pound supremacy. Now they've got another guy who just might ride straight to the top with him. Congrats to Lopez.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MAN JUAN MANUEL HAS HEAVY HANDS, HE WILL BE A GREAT CHAMPION.
WHO SAID PONCE DE LEON WAS GOING TO KO JUAMMA??:laugh:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
WOW i predicted Lopez to stop Leon late but damn!!! This kid is for real and i can see him being one of the top p4p fighters in the world in a few years.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I would love to see him fight Marquez/Vazquez but im guessing they fight each other again and again until there both dead...

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would love to see him fight Marquez/Vazquez but im guessing they fight each other again and again until there both dead...
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Those would be great fights for him. I'm even expecting for him to move up in weight someday and challenge Pacquiao.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
got bck from Atlantic City today and what can I say about this kid. I was most defenately impressed with the way he dispatched of Ponce. I haven't seen the hbo playback yet but I know it will look impressive on there as well. Ponce came out determined at the bell I'll give him that, they both came to fight. very surprised Juan jacked him up that fast though.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts