Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the televised undercard bout of Diaz-Katsidis. I haven't heard much talk on the forum about it, but it could turn out to be a great fight.

Speed-Juarez
Juarez isn't a speed fighter by any means, but he holds the advantage here because Barrios is slow delivering his wide punches. Rocky throws shorter, more compact, and accurate punches, his left hook gets to the mark quick when he actually pulls the trigger.

Power-Barrios
I gave the slight edge to Barrios because he's the bigger man having always fought at or above the Jr. Lightweight division. Juarez seems to have lost some of his pop at 130 as evidenced best in his bout against Hernandez, an opponent that Jason Litzau was able to hurt several times in their fight.

Chin-Juarez
Even in fights against Barrera, JMM, and Humberto Soto, who are no slouches in the power department, he has never been seriously hurt. Barrios has been knocked out, but it was by notorious ko puncher at 130 in Acelino Freitas. He's been stunned in fights other than the Freitas bout, so I'll give a slight edge to Juarez.

Stamina-Barrios
Jorge can throw punches for days and he doesn't stop coming forward, while Rocky seems to restrain himself from throwing and content to be at a distance without engaging which often creates lulls in his fights.

Experience-Push
Jaurez has been in with better opposition, but he hasn't had that sense of urgency needed to get a victory in his most important fights. Barrios has captured and defended a title at 130 pounds, he's been in back and forth wars and never gives up even when he's been outgunned.

If the fight goes 12 it will be an advantage for Barrios, but it will be fought in Juarez' hometown of Houston. This is a toss up fight, Barrios will make Jaurez have to let his hands go and Jorge is there to be hit. Can Rocky hurt Barrios? Can Jorge overwhelm the tentative Juarez? These are the questions that will be answered on fight night.

My prediction is Barrios pulling out a split decision.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
This fight could go either way but i will be cheering for Barios and im gonna say he wins a decision, but either way this fight will be a war.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I hope Juarez wins

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope Juarez wins
Why is that? Barrios comes to fight and he's an exciting fighter that comes to win, I don't see the same in Juarez. I can't forgive that dude for how shitty he looked against Hernandez on the biggest stage he is ever going to have. He had an opponent that wanted to fight, that wanted to engage, and he looked like shitt I was hoping he lost that fight.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Why is that? Barrios comes to fight and he's an exciting fighter that comes to win, I don't see the same in Juarez. I can't forgive that dude for how shitty he looked against Hernandez on the biggest stage he is ever going to have. He had an opponent that wanted to fight, that wanted to engage, and he looked like shitt I was hoping he lost that fight.
I can't stand Juarez. I hope he gets his ass beaten.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Aiight. Let's bet on that fight too. You down with another 25,000? I got Barrios.
Yeah sure. Barrios is a good fighter. I think Juarez is better. I would like to see Barrios win. He's a cool cat. But as a betting man I don't think he will

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Definitely an appealing fight that could go either way, but I've gotta go with my guy with the goggles: Barrios. I see him winning via decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got a stoppage. His performance against Freitas sold me on his merits. Wiping the blood off his face on the ref's sleeve every time he came in to break them up and fighting through a shattered eardrum are warrior traits.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definitely an appealing fight that could go either way, but I've gotta go with my guy with the goggles: Barrios. I see him winning via decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got a stoppage. His performance against Freitas sold me on his merits. Wiping the blood off his face on the ref's sleeve every time he came in to break them up and fighting through a shattered eardrum are warrior traits.
Definitely, especially knowing that at 130 Freitas was P4P one of the biggest punchers.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts