Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, hey to everyone. Nice forum. :)

And to the question, I have recently started out boxing and was wondering how I would do cross-over when jump roping? I can do most of the other techniques, but get suck on this. Thanks to anyone that can help. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
It's all in your head, it's actually really quite simple. You just cross your forearms then uncross them. Try watching somebody do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jumping rope

Hi.

I just started learning how to box about 3 weeks ago at a boxing Gym in NY (i go about twice a week). I'm still having trouble getting the hang of jumping rope. I feel like a fool trying to do it at the gym.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
First of all, hey to everyone. Nice forum. :)

And to the question, I have recently started out boxing and was wondering how I would do cross-over when jump roping? I can do most of the other techniques, but get suck on this. Thanks to anyone that can help. :)
You'll only get it by lots of practise, then once you master it try kneeling and skipping rope at the same type, see Roberto Duran training routine in u-tube once your able to handle this you'll know your legs are in shape

Hi.

I just started learning how to box about 3 weeks ago at a boxing Gym in NY (i go about twice a week). I'm still having trouble getting the hang of jumping rope. I feel like a fool trying to do it at the gym.
then try it home untill you get it right!! it builds rithym and helps timing plus stamina...

·
Registered
9 Posts
then try it home untill you get it right!! it builds rithym and helps timing plus stamina...[/QUOTE]

Right on. How you jump rope is how you move your feet and how you move your feet is how you fight. Jump roping to a song can help. Break up your rhythym when jump roping as well, it'll keep your opponent on his toes. As for the cross over, just practice and it'll come in time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also, try to move in different directions as you jump rope. Jump forward, backward, and sideways. And change your footwork. Sometimes you jump on your left foot, then on your rigt, then both at the same time and then change to left-right-left-right. There are lots and lots of things to do. Experiment and train everyday, and you'll get good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When doing the cross over don`t think and try so hard when attempting it. Go at the same speed you normally do when skipping and just do it. It`s really about timing. Once you get that right then it will be like nothing for you. Don`t be embarrased either that`s the only way you`ll get better. Keep trying it over and over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts