Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsdown:I don't think it's a good idea to have a direct link pathway to MMA forum on the catagories list, and vise versa boxing forum on the MMA catagories list. I know there was already a link on the very bottom of the page but that was more indirect. I think this will only lead to more mma goobers coming in here making trouble for no reason, more than before, and before was a lot. Just a prediction....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I just noticed this as well, Staff wasn't aware of it. We'll discuss it. I personally think it'll provide the mma fans with a place that welcomes their mma talk.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed this as well, Staff wasn't aware of it. We'll discuss it. I personally think it'll provide the mma fans with a place that welcomes their mma talk.
I'd totally agree with that if there wasen't the same catagory added to MMA forum that leads here.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I happen to agree with NSB, but it's above our heads. Stuff like that is a company thing that we have no control over or say in.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
:thumbsdown:I don't think it's a good idea to have a direct link pathway to MMA forum on the catagories list, and vise versa boxing forum on the MMA catagories list. I know there was already a link on the very bottom of the page but that was more indirect. I think this will only lead to more mma goobers coming in here making trouble for no reason, more than before, and before was a lot. Just a prediction....
MMA Forum has had a direct link to here for around a year now mate, maybe more. :thumbsup:

And yes, it has caused problems with clowns crossing over. :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
as long as you are respectful and ban any disrespectful guys from themma forum,i don't see the problem.

I mean, listen to you guys.

"the mma guys are gonna come here and cause problems" lol, cmon bro. They are no less childish than us, that's for sure.

treat them with respect and they will do the same, if they do not, ban them. That simple.

I for one like the link, i seen it, clicked it and quickly signed up for the forum. I like mma and see its value as a combat sport. If you don't like it, awesome, just don't click the link.

i've been reading over there and noone has mentioned a thing about boxing at all.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I don't like it being there that much, but it ain't a major problem. If that's what's been decided, so be it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
as long as you are respectful and ban any disrespectful guys from themma forum,i don't see the problem.

"the mma guys are gonna come here and cause problems" lol, cmon bro. They are no less childish than us, that's for sure.

treat them with respect and they will do the same, if they do not, ban them. That simple.

I for one like the link, i seen it, clicked it and quickly signed up for the forum. I like mma and see its value as a combat sport. If you don't like it, awesome, just don't click the link.

i've been reading over there and noone has mentioned a thing about boxing at all.
MMA forum is ran very well Banky, you'll like it if MMA is your thing dude. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MMA Forum has had a direct link to here for around a year now mate, maybe more. :thumbsup:

And yes, it has caused problems with clowns crossing over. :(
Yeah I know but it hasen't been in the catagory selection, before it was just a link.

·
Registered
445 Posts
MMA forum is ran very well Banky, you'll like it if MMA is your thing dude. :thumbsup:
boxing is my thing, tommy. mma is a side thing. I love them both. To be honest, i understand that when two guys are grappling on the ground, its as boring as watching two defensive minded boxers. Think whitaker vs floyd,,,,,ugh, that would be horrible. think ruiz vs roy,,,yuck. think floyd vs baldomir,,,,,,,,ahhhhhh. im scaring the **** out of myself. But yeah, they can be boring too.

So i understand how some people can not like mma. But at the same time, there are some high level fighters in mma. that's why i like it. in the begining, i didn't like it so much. But now, i gotta say, with the talent levels rising, its pretty good.

evans vs liddell was awesome and if anyone hasn't seen that ko, i recommend you to watch it. That was an awesome right hand by evans and as technically sound as anything you'd find in a boxing ring.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I get the feeling your trying to start another arguement, I may be wrong but I know you love to about these things, and Im not going to.
We've been over this before, there have been several, no, NUMEROUS guys that have come in here making multiple boxing bashing threads just for the hell of it. I've taken a gander at some of mma forum, no boxers are over there bashing their sport, not one. That's my motive in thinking that more will come over here and run their mouths. And no I'm not stereotyping, not judging, or generalizing. I'm just basing it off the truth and the past of this forum, not mma as a whole:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I get the feeling your trying to start another arguement, I may be wrong but I know you love to about these things, and Im not going to.
We've been over this before, there have been several, no, NUMEROUS guys that have come in here making multiple boxing bashing threads just for the hell of it. I've taken a gander at some of mma forum, no boxers are over there bashing their sport, not one. That's my motive in thinking that more will come over here and run their mouths. And no I'm not stereotyping, not judging, or generalizing. I'm just basing it off the truth and the past of this forum, not mma as a whole:thumbsup:.
NSB, i don't know wtf you are talking about. I never intended to start an argument with anyone.

But you FEEL that i am trying to start an argument? why, have i bad mouthed boxing? I'm saying i understand why some of you don't like mma, its like watching two defensive minded fighters in boxing, boring as all hell.

so, you are wrong, im not trying to argue.
and yes, you are stereotyping, generalizing and judging. The truth is that when they come over here(even though there link has been up for a while according to tommy) you should let the mods do their jobs. The past may be an indicator of the future, and it may not.

I wish that you would just understand that nobody is out to get boxing. boxing is doing a fine job throwing itself under the bus. It doesn't need any help from the UFC or its fans(which i would bet are also boxing fans mostly).

I watch boxing and i watch mma. I order almost all ppvs for both. I think i am the majority, but i may not be. I am willing to live and let live in this debate. If people wanna watch boxing exclusively, that's fine. But don't try to tell me that boxing is superior, because its subjective. Likewise for MMA. If you wanna watch that exclusively, that's fine. but don't try to tell me that you think MMA is superior, cause its not, its subjective.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NSB, i don't know wtf you are talking about. I never intended to start an argument with anyone.

But you FEEL that i am trying to start an argument? why, have i bad mouthed boxing? I'm saying i understand why some of you don't like mma, its like watching two defensive minded fighters in boxing, boring as all hell.

and yes, you are stereotyping, generalizing and judging. The truth is that when they come over here(even though there link has been up for a while according to tommy) you should let the mods do their jobs. The past may be an indicator of the future, and it may not.

I wish that you would just understand that nobody is out to get boxing. boxing is doing a fine job throwing itself under the bus. It doesn't need any help from the UFC or its fans(which i would bet are also boxing fans mostly).

I watch boxing and i watch mma. I order almost all ppvs for both. I think i am the majority, but i may not be. I am willing to live and let live in this debate. If people wanna watch boxing exclusively, that's fine. But don't try to tell me that boxing is superior, because its subjective. Likewise for MMA. If you wanna watch that exclusively, that's fine. but don't try to tell me that you think MMA is superior, cause its not, its subjective.
Like I said I don't want to argue, and obviously you blew up in this response...like I predicted, and no I'm not stereotyping, judging, or generalizing mma.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Like I said I don't want to argue, and obviously you blew up in this response...like I predicted, and no I'm not stereotyping, judging, or generalizing mma.
you've seen a small blow up from me. you have not seen me blow up. what you seen, was not a blow up.

I predicted something about you too. And you fulfilled. I'd tell you who i predicted it too, but i want you to wonder. NO, its not flattering for you either.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
boxing is my thing, tommy. mma is a side thing. I love them both. To be honest, i understand that when two guys are grappling on the ground, its as boring as watching two defensive minded boxers. Think whitaker vs floyd,,,,,ugh, that would be horrible. think ruiz vs roy,,,yuck. think floyd vs baldomir,,,,,,,,ahhhhhh. im scaring the **** out of myself. But yeah, they can be boring too.

So i understand how some people can not like mma. But at the same time, there are some high level fighters in mma. that's why i like it. in the begining, i didn't like it so much. But now, i gotta say, with the talent levels rising, its pretty good.

evans vs liddell was awesome and if anyone hasn't seen that ko, i recommend you to watch it. That was an awesome right hand by evans and as technically sound as anything you'd find in a boxing ring.
We've added an MMA setion over on the forum so ive been watching a bit of it lately to try and get the knowledge up a bit. Ive watched the past couple of events except Saturday of course cause i was busting my ass to find a stream for JT vs Lacy. :laugh:

As you'll probably guess i prefer the stand up game. Especialy Thiago Alves who reminds me a lot of Tyson in a weird way the way he goes after his man. Im a fan of him, i'll probably tune into any event he's on now. :thumbsup:

He wasn't. Thats not his style. Bankys a boxing man, he wouldn't trash the sport.

·
Registered
468 Posts

Agree 100% :cool:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

How can you cite Jones Jr.-Ruiz and Mayweather-Baldomir as boring, then cite Evans-Liddell as awesome. The only difference was the ko punch. Jones and Mayweather threw skilled combos while displaying some of the fastest quickest hands, feet, and reflexes those divisions had ever seen. Evans danced around the ring throwing 0 punches for the whole first round and half of the second round until the one punch ko. You're being hypocritical.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you've seen a small blow up from me. you have not seen me blow up. what you seen, was not a blow up.

I predicted something about you too. And you fulfilled. I'd tell you who i predicted it too, but i want you to wonder. NO, its not flattering for you either.
You really have nothing better to do.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I never watched the MMA fight you guys are on about but Roy vs Ruiz and Floyd vs Baldomir were snoozers. The only thing that kept Roy vs Ruiz interesting was the chance Ruiz might land something big. Never happened though, crap fight IMO.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts