Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scott, i have been a boxing fan for years. i was looking for the latest "odds" on the mayweather vs. hatton fight..... and came across this website !! and from what i see it's alot better then the E.S.P.N. ONE THATS FOR SURE. i am 48 years old and live in corona hills, california. my wife and i go to most of the big fights in las vegas & we will be attending the mayweather vs. hatton fight dec 8th.
back in jr high when i lived back in kansas, had a girlfriend named julie stram she was the offspring of the late kansas city chiefs head football coach hank stram. well anyway they were real good friends with muhammad ali and when ever "ali" would come into town julie would call me and i would go over to the strams house and see the champ !! i met him over 15 times, he even came to see me play basketball one night !!back in high school !! my classmates always would chant..ali,ali,ali.. because they all knew that old scott knew muhammad ali !! i have over 250 autographs of ali.... some even say Cassius Clay ! ali would always ask me what i did with the autographs he signed for me ! i would tell him my mom & dad would keep them and put them in a safe place for me. so i would not put thumb tacks in them and hang them on the wall..... dad said some day "son" these autographs will be worth alot of money !! still to this day i have never sold an ali autograph that i got from him !! just wanted to share this with my new friends on this website !! sincerely scott "ali" james from california... a real muhammad ali fan !!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
scott james said:
Thanks Bull !!
Welcome to our beloved site Scott. You seem to be a very intelligent boxing fan which I find fantastic. Hopefully you will become a regular here. I believe that if you invest a little time into this place it begins to grow on you, and it becomes hard to go a full day without stopping by to see what is going on. We have updated news updated very quickly here by many different members. Feel free to send me or anyone a private message if you have any questions. Everyone here is very friendly with each other because we like it that way. This place is classy. Welcome aboard.
-Shane

·
Registered
142 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Welcome to our beloved site Scott. You seem to be a very intelligent boxing fan which I find fantastic. Hopefully you will become a regular here. I believe that if you invest a little time into this place it begins to grow on you, and it becomes hard to go a full day without stopping by to see what is going on. We have updated news updated very quickly here by many different members. Feel free to send me or anyone a private message if you have any questions. Everyone here is very friendly with each other because we like it that way. This place is classy. Welcome aboard.
-Shane
Welcome aboard Scott!
We are all friendly with each other , but dont worry as you have seen , there are allot of disagreements that go on in here .. ha ha ha .But there is allot of people that have a very good knowledge of boxing from all over the globe .
I cant wait to see the discussions that will happen after Hatton K.O.'s Mayweather ! ha ha ha ... well , hopefully !
This is probably one of the only forum sights that is full of people who are true boxing fans and not idiots that just go in for a stir.
Enjoy and contribute you opinion , every one will appreciate it .
Cheers from Australia ... well an Aussie in Tanzania . :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
spiderbloke said:
Ahot thar landlubber! Welcome aboard thee vessel! :)

What, you never talked like a pirate? ;)
"Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh .... I see the crack is strong in Manchester at the moment ! Arrrrrghhhhh !! "

Ha ha ah ... hey ...you arent Ricky Hatton are you Spider .. he has been known to drop in from time to time ! ?
:laugh:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Mat Gillam said:
"Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh .... I see the crack is strong in Manchester at the moment ! Arrrrrghhhhh !! "

Ha ha ah ... hey ...you arent Ricky Hatton are you Spider .. he has been known to drop in from time to time ! ?

Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh ya scurvey dog ye be as bad as tat bloody scot tommy ;) ye be :laugh:

crack in manchester pfffffffftttt, unless ye means pieces of eight n treasure chests yarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

ricky be me 1st mate i culd have him in the ring but me peg leg stops me goin pro :(:laugh:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spiderbloke said:
Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh ya scurvey dog ye be as bad as tat bloody scot tommy ;) ye be :laugh:

crack in manchester pfffffffftttt, unless ye means pieces of eight n treasure chests yarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

ricky be me 1st mate i culd have him in the ring but me peg leg stops me goin pro :(:laugh:
IS THE Spoderbloke from Manchester ??? thats cool !!that's where ricky hattons from !! right ? how big is Manchester ? and have you ever seen ricky the hitman hatton????

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they say ricky when he is not fighting.....Balloons up to as much as 175 pounds !!and he drinks alot of beer !!whats up with that !!

·
Registered
142 Posts
scott james said:
they say ricky when he is not fighting.....Balloons up to as much as 175 pounds !!and he drinks alot of beer !!whats up with that !!
He is from Manchester ...that is what they do there . He is always in peak condition before a fight though. I know people that do the same thing in Australia . they give themselves 6 - 8 weeks of intense training before a big fight. ..What ever works for you I suppose.

·
Registered
142 Posts
spiderbloke said:
Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh ya scurvey dog ye be as bad as tat bloody scot tommy ;) ye be

... I am P*ssing myself here Spider ... you are definitely a Pom ... Ha ha ah ... I love the humour over there mate ! ... Anyway being a convict ancestor front ye Mother land ... I am backing Ricky all the way ." Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..."
Sorry to hear of the Peg leg stumpy , At least if you were boxing it would be easy to make weight !! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
scott james said:
thanks shane, i have been on the site off and on all day !!! just love... scott from california
Sounds great Scott. I will be at the Mayweather-Hatton fight as well, so maybe we can meet up!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
super my wife and i will be vegas thursday the 6th in the afternoon, staying at the m.g.m grand. i will p.m. you tomorrow and give you my wifes cell phone # ,,,, i don't have a cell phone i can't stand the things...are you going by yourself??? where are you staying ??

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Scott, welcome to the forums. I'll just echo what everyone else has said and tell you that we've got a great group of posters on the forum here who keep things interesting all the time.
Hope you have a blast at the Floyd and Ricky show. Give Shane(PrettyBoyFloyd) a high five for me

·
Registered
468 Posts
scott james said:
IS THE Spoderbloke from Manchester ??? thats cool !!that's where ricky hattons from !! right ? how big is Manchester ? and have you ever seen ricky the hitman hatton????
Yeah he's from here. It's very big both me and Ricky come from Greater Manchester (the area surrounding the city).

No I've not although we were both born in Stepping Hill Hospital, my mate used to live in Hattersly (very very rough area where Ricky's from, avoid).

scott james said:
He also eats loads of pies! He's just a normal bloke, local lad who's hit the big time he's a hero/living legend around here.

He does it because he likes them and he's still going strong so why not :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Mat Gillam said:
... I am P*ssing myself here Spider ... you are definitely a Pom ... Ha ha ah ... I love the humour over there mate ! ... Anyway being a convict ancestor front ye Mother land ... I am backing Ricky all the way ." Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..."
Sorry to hear of the Peg leg stumpy , At least if you were boxing it would be easy to make weight !! :laugh:
yarrr ye be scum :)

ye may not walk plank if ye be supportin rickys quest for buried treasure!

I also be aving an eyepatch i be tis a ard life on thee seven seas (when im not on set for pirates of the caribbean ;))

:laugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts