Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm 16 years old and I would like to start out learning boxing and getting in better shape to start. I've been doing some research but I just have some questions. I just started working out about 3 months ago and I take weight training in school which at my school its 4 times a week and basically is just having an open gym for 55 minutes with plenty of equipment. I know multiple lifts and excercises but I'm not in amazing shape yet. I'm not fat but I'm just not conditioned for heavy cardio workouts and stuff yet. So my question is, will I be ok to start stepping into the boxing world? By starting at a boxing gym will I be told I need to be in better shape first or will they teach me how to get to where I need to be and still be able to teach me with what I can do now. I am interested in getting in shape, learning the skills and entering the amatuer boxing world. Also, I'm in the san diego area. Anyone know any reliable boxing gyms for a begginer like me to start out in?
Thank you.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well, I'm 16 years old and I would like to start out learning boxing and getting in better shape to start. I've been doing some research but I just have some questions. I just started working out about 3 months ago and I take weight training in school which at my school its 4 times a week and basically is just having an open gym for 55 minutes with plenty of equipment. I know multiple lifts and excercises but I'm not in amazing shape yet. I'm not fat but I'm just not conditioned for heavy cardio workouts and stuff yet. So my question is, will I be ok to start stepping into the boxing world? By starting at a boxing gym will I be told I need to be in better shape first or will they teach me how to get to where I need to be and still be able to teach me with what I can do now. I am interested in getting in shape, learning the skills and entering the amatuer boxing world. Also, I'm in the san diego area. Anyone know any reliable boxing gyms for a begginer like me to start out in?
Thank you.
Both, they'll obviously know your just starting and will be willing to help ya out. Here's a link that will show you all of the gyms in your area, sorry I can't votch for any of them.
California Boxing Gyms and Clubs - BoxingHelp.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts