Discussion Starter #1
Super Middleweight Fight - United Kingdom

November 9th, 2007

Carl Froch vs Robin Reid

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish we could see this fight. I swear we don't get very many British fights and it drives me crazy. At least I get Haye-Mormeck. I'm interested to see what all the Haye hype is about.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Theres decent action every friday night over here, just domestic clashes and stuff. Froch is a fighter that could very well be a world champion, but the guy needs to shut his big mouth and start fighting some live guys:laugh:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Ermm not free but very cheap. It was about $10 for the month subscription of the channel, which includes Calzaghe-Kessler, Cotto-Mosley, Vargas-Mayorga and a few soccer matches. A very good offer:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW. I wish I could get those kinds of deals. I pay 15 a month plust 50 for PPV fights.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Damn Thats Cheap .. How do you guys get that 10 $ ? I think on Channelsurfing.net they have alot of PPV events.. for free.. not sure on boxing I just found this site.. How is this guy Froch he is a HUGE favorite on the betting Line .. I dont think I have ever seen him fight yet ..

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He hasnt fought at high level, but hes fought very well so far. Im not sold on him yet, but boy can he punch.. he has a puncher's chance against any SMW in the world. The recent the odds are so in favour of Froch is because he is in his prime, while Reid's prime finished about 2-3 years ago.. the guy should have retired after Lacy demolished him.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Prettyboy ... How are you seeing this fight ? is there a Live Broadcast? let me know I am def interested...

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
im yet to be convinced by Froch, he talks the talk, but i don't think he has the power or skill to be a major force at 168, Kessler would beat him easy, so would Pavlik if he moved up, he just hasn't got the class to be a major threat in the division

saying this, he'l beat Reid, and maybe get a better opponent next time, let's see who's it going to be

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Reid's corner retire him after 5 probably a wise choice IMO. Froch still has impressed me much, he hits very hard and throws good quick combinations but for me he just carries his left hand too low and hasnt got the reflexes to get away with it. Reid caught him with 3 solid right hands in the 4th, he was clearly hurt at one point. Reid isnt very fast either, he'll be in trouble against a world class operator such as Kessler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts