Votes: 48 73.8%
  • BHop

Votes: 17 26.2%
1 - 20 of 1679 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a fall out for pavlik/williams, so talks have now began for bhop vs pavlik on October 18th, Atlantic City, HBO PPV. Weight has not been agreed upon, but dont be surprised if it's for the vacant wbc lightheavyweight title. Thoughts?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
There seems to be a fall out for pavlik/williams, so talks have now began for bhop vs pavlik on October 18th, Atlantic City, HBO PPV. Weight has not been agreed upon, but dont be surprised if it's for the vacant wbc lightheavyweight title. Thoughts?
I think Bhop could surprise a lot of people in this fight, especially if it's at Light Heavyweight, I get the feeling he wouldn't be caught and could produce one last great performance before retiring ;) I think it's too close to call if it's at Light Heavyweight ;)

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
A bad style matchup for a 43 year old B-Hop, especially after his weakness showed by Calzaghe. If Pavlik can eat his power, he has a real shot at knocking him out. Hop shouldnt take this fight, he should leave it to the diva, Winky.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
To add to that, it'll generate a big buzz to set up a Pavlik-Calzaghe fight, if he beats either one of them, especially immpressively.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
It would be an interesting matchup. Realistically, Pavlik should take this.. BUT..

Pavlik is the perfect kind of guy for Hopkins to beat. He's not a fast boxer, meaning Hopkins could counter punch all night long, maybe take a UD? Doubt it though

However.. Pavlik has a mentality of keep coming forward and his power, which means Hopkins (at his age) could be over whelmed by his power/stamina.

Hope it happens, would love to see an upset from Hopkins. Don't see the fight happening and if it does, I don't see Hopkins winning but I would like him to.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
First off fukk Anthony Small.

Now, this fight makes sense, and I said a while ago that I'd LOVE to see Pavlik-Hopkins. How would pavlik do at 175? Hmm...

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I would rather Nard retired right now. He's finacially secure he's got a great legacy is a shoe-in for the HOF. If it happens I'm confident Nard will find a way to win. Pavlik hits damned hard though and the word retreat isnt in his vocabulary. I'll buy it

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Today Pavlik takes it. B-Hop looked really tired in the late rounds against Calzaghe so it would be his downfal against a punching machine like Pavlik.

Pavlik by UD.
Yeah, again, workrate alone will be enough, if Joe Calzaghe could win that fight slapping, Pavlik can win this with his more commited punches in a clear decision.

Also, I dont think either man will knock the other out, sure Pavlik is a puncher but Hopkins is so hard to hit cleanlym that I dont believe hes going down - Plus if it takes palce in the lightheavyweight division Pavlik wont have that kuch power and Hopkins would be the bigger stronger man.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Pavlik won't have as much power at 175, he doesnt need all of his power IMO to ko Hopkins. Calzaghe beat Hopkins with pressure, flurries, and a pretty good workrate. Pavlik's pressure, accuracy, power and workrate is greater than Calzaghe's and his resolute and chin is just as good and will help him in exhausting Hopkins and eventualy get the ko in the later rounds.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I will never count out B-Hop in any fight, he always finds a way to win....and Pav won't KO B-Hop, since Pav will be slower at 175 and B-Hop's defense is just too good. B-Hop has a good chance for an upset IMO

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm not going to rule out a Hopkins win, but my money will be on the MUCH younger guy. Damn imagine Pavlik's resume before he's even 28.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I will never count out B-Hop in any fight, he always finds a way to win....and Pav won't KO B-Hop, since Pav will be slower at 175 and B-Hop's defense is just too good. B-Hop has a good chance for an upset IMO
I dont like his chances, Pavlik has the anti 43 year old Hopkins pressure, workrate, and resolute. Like I said if Kelly can take his punchesHopkins is going to be knocked out in the late rounds (you read it hear first).
I'm not going to rule out a Hopkins win, but my money will be on the MUCH younger guy. Damn imagine Pavlik's resume before he's even 28.
Yeah, he could have the top middleweights of of the new millennium on it and record-wise the best super middleweight. Miranda, Taylor and to add to that Hopkins, Wright, Abraham, and Calzaghe.

With 2 or 3 of those he would be considered HOF already.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I dont like his chances, Pavlik has the anti 43 year old Hopkins pressure, workrate, and resolute. Like I said if Kelly can take his punchesHopkins is going to be knocked out in the late rounds (you read it hear first).

Yeah, he could have the top middleweights of of the new millennium on it and record-wise the best super middleweight. Miranda, Taylor and to add to that Hopkins, Wright, Abraham, and Calzaghe.

With 2 or 3 of those he would be considered HOF already.
Hell yeah man. He'll have a better resume than Calzaghe in a year.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Hell yeah man. He'll have a better resume than Calzaghe in a year.
:laugh:With just one of em he'll have it as far as I'm concerned. Miranda a proven power puncher in his prime that broke a title holders jaw and the only lost he had was a controversial decision and an undefeated champion in his prime that beat him in the amateurs and had beaten the most dominant middleweight of his time. Calzaghe just grew the balls to try this in 2006 after 8 years of holding a title.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
:laugh:With just one of em he'll have it as far as I'm concerned. Miranda a proven power puncher in his prime that broke a title holders jaw and the only lost he had was a controversial decision and an undefeated champion in his prime that beat him in the amateurs and had beaten the most dominant middleweight of his time. Calzaghe just grew the balls to try this in 2006 after 8 years of holding a title.
:laugh:I really hope Pavlik-Calzaghe gets made.

·
Registered
318 Posts
What a waste of Pavliks time with this POS Hopkins.
I hope this fight doesn't happen B-Hop will just make it a WWE match. Head bunts and all.
Why can't this guy just retire already?
I agree with you Dave. Let Pavlik clean out 160 by fighting mandatories for a couple of years. I don't see why Pavlik should move up in weight anyway. Let the challengers come down.

I like B-hop and all but his fights now are so ugly. I understand clinching is a part of the sport but cmon.

Since Hatton walks around at 180 why not have B-hop/Hatton?

1 - 20 of 1679 Posts