Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

For data purposes: Did you tune in to the play by play?

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pavlik vs Hopkins will take place on Saturday October 18 at around 8:00 Central Time. It takes place at a catchweight of 170 pounds. Stay tuned for the play by play.

Note: This is not a place for discussion before the fight. Once the fights start, its free game for anyone. Please respect the person doing the play by play and no insults please. You are welcome to include your thoughts.

To the official person doing the play by play, please bold your post so members don't get mixed up. Please number your rounds and how you scored them plus a brief summary of the round. Be as unbiased as possible. Thank you and enjoy.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I will be doing the PBP. I'll put my posts in red on the night :thumbsup::thumbsup:. I'll write a brief description of the round, including the best punches, and then I'll write my score for the round. I also have the advantage of seeing the Setanta and HBO PPV coverage, so I'll let you know how Lederman is seeing it and how the different commentary teams are seeing it, just to provide a different perspective. I hope you'll log on Saturday night to see the PBP! :thumbsup::D

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round One: A close first round. Neither fighter landing big shots. Not a lot in it.

Round One: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Two: Another round with not a lot of punches landed. However the clean punches landed are by Luevano, and he gets the round on my card. It's very cagey so far.

Round Two: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Three: Another close, cagey round. Luevano landed good shots, however Dib seemed to come back towards the end of the round. Another tough round to score. I give it to Dib.

Round Three: Luevano 9-10 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Four: Both fighters land a few more shots. Dib lands a good right hand early on, whilst Luevano lands a good left hand in the second half of the round. I think Dib edged the round.

Round Four: Luevano 9-10 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Five: Another cagey round. Neither fighter is throwing more than about 35 punches. Luevano keeps Dib at bay in this round. He gets this round and moves ahead on my scorecard. This is a dull fight.

Round Five: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Six: Luevano lands a left hand. Dib slips. Steve Smoger says no knockdown. Again it's a dull round. Luevano is keeping Dib at bay though. He gets round six on my card.

Round Six: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Seven: Another close, very cagey round. Almost no clean shots landed. Dib lands a nice combination near the end, but he did very little apart from that.

Round Seven: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Eight: Luevano becomes more aggressive, and landed some good power punches against the ropes. I think he knows now that Dib doesn't have the power to hurt him.

Round Eight: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Nine: Luevano is again a little more aggressive and lands a good right hook and jab half way through the round. That gives him the round on my card. Luevano pretty much has the fight on my card.

Round Nine: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Ten: Another cagey start. Then Luevano lands clean and sends Dib stumbling across the ring. Luevano then lands another clean right hand half way through the round. Dib's best punch is an uppercut against the ropes, but it doesn't give him the round on my card.

Round Ten: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Eleven: Luevano continues to out-jab Dib. He lands a left hand too. Dib lands a solid combination, but doesn't do enough throughout the round.

Round Eleven: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Round Twelve: Dib looks to fight knowing he needs a KO. Luevano lands a good left hand. Throughout the round Luevano uses his jab well to keep Dib at bay.

Round Twelve: Luevano 10-9 Dib

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
My final scorecard is 118-110 Luevano. So is Harold Lederman's. The decision is a unanimous decision for Luevano, with scores of 116-112, 115-113 and 117-111. How someone can give Dib 5 rounds I don't know. Still, Luevano won. Main event coming next.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.