Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

who wins?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kelly Pavlik vs. Gary Lockett, 12 rounds, for Pavlik's Ring/WBC/WBO middleweight title.

Atlantic City

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lockett has a good chin, i think it'll be 6 before he gets stopped. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Who cares who wins this fight. Matter of fact I hope Lockett wins just because Kelly took the fight when he could have added to his legacy and his pockets. So Lockett UD

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron gets a lot of shiz for his fight predictions, in all honesty they cant be that bad, he has a lot more points than most guys here.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'm one of the guys willing to lose all my points in my predictions.. before everyfight I bet all my points in my pick.. I was pretty close of losing it all in the Pac fight.

Pavlik by midrounds TKO

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
that's true. no one here can say you follow the norm that's for sure. I actually agree with you alot though.... just not this time.:laugh:
So you dont agree that he should have taken a fight that could have added to his legacy. I mean everyone wanted to bad talk Taylor but he fought named guys. He fought Champs. Sense he became champ he hasnt fought a no name yet. Why cant we ask for the samething from Kelly. Why does he deserve a break?

Ron gets a lot of shiz for his fight predictions, in all honesty they cant be that bad, he has a lot more points than most guys here.
TELL EM TOMMY IM A OG IN THIS HERE GAME!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
So you dont agree that he should have taken a fight that could have added to his legacy. I mean everyone wanted to bad talk Taylor but he fought named guys. He fought Champs. Sense he became champ he hasnt fought a no name yet. Why cant we ask for the samething from Kelly. Why does he deserve a break?

TELL EM TOMMY IM A OG IN THIS HERE GAME!!! :laugh:
no I agree, I would of liked to see Kelly fight someone like abraham, or winky instead. Infact, that's what I would like to see all champions do. but They would of had to fight Lockett in Sept if they didn't fight him now. he's a mandatory, that's why I will cut him some slack. I was actually disagreeing with your Lockett UD pick. that's what I was referring to.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
ok, so I finally got a chance to see some footage on Lockett. he has 3 things going for him in this fight IMO. he's faster then Kelly, though Kelly handled himself well against Taylor who is faster then both. he has decent pop and a pretty good left hook. also this fight might go a few rounds based on the fact Lockett has never been knocked out and has only been dropped once, then again, has he faced a puncher similar to Palvik in his entire career?? what really hurts him is the height and reach advantage for Kelly, Lockett's gotta get inside and that's not going to be easy. Not quite sure how dangerous of a puncher Lockett really is at this point though.

I hope Kelly doesn't take this fight lightly. it shouldn't be that hard of a fight but if he gets careless he could get hit with stupid s**t and possible get caught. This fight has the makings of a brawl for however long it lasts, Lockett won't be able to outbox Kelly and will have to realy on power if you ask me. even Lockett has stated he doesn't see it going the distance so it should be action packed like I said, for however long it lasts. can't wait:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
no I agree, I would of liked to see Kelly fight someone like abraham, or winky instead. Infact, that's what I would like to see all champions do. but They would of had to fight Lockett in Sept if they didn't fight him now. he's a mandatory, that's why I will cut him some slack. I was actually disagreeing with your Lockett UD pick. that's what I was referring to.:thumbsup:
Oh. I said that because he is being and will continue to be pampered while he is champ.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts