Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handlers of WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik (32-0, 29 KOs) have reportedly decided on WBO mandatory challenger Gary Lockett (30-1, 21 KOs) as "The Ghost's" next opponent. The bout would take place on June 7 at Madison Square Garden in New York City or more likely at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City (which we've been informed is being held for that fight). Nothing is finalized and no contracts have been signed, however Lockett's promoter Frank Warren confirmed to the BBC that "We're in negotiations and hopefully we can do a deal with Pavlik's camp pretty soon."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lockett can be outboxed but he has scary power in both hands, Pavlik wins but Lockett is very capable of knocking him out.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Lockett can be outboxed but he has scary power in both hands, Pavlik wins but Lockett is very capable of knocking him out.
Is this Lockett guy from the UK? You sure are talking like he is. If I haven't even HEARD of him he has ZERO shot against Pavlik.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this Lockett guy from the UK? You sure are talking like he is. If I haven't even HEARD of him he has ZERO shot against Pavlik.

He's Welsh and is a Calzaghe fighter.

Good fighter, just beat Ryan Rhodes, Pavlik should handle him though.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont' know who Rhodes is either.

Rhodes is a classy fighter, he should have acheived more though.

Gave Otis Grant a helluva fight back in the mid 90's, Rhodes was only around 20 at the time.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I don't know who Locket is but if they were going to go with an unknown they should have gone with the #1 ranked contender Lorenzo what's his face?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know who Locket is but if they were going to go with an unknown they should have gone with the #1 ranked contender Lorenzo what's his face?

Lockett is Pavliks mando for his WBO title.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what? Giovanni Lorenzo is the #1 for the green belt, and he's undefeated. Plus he has the Dominican fans in New York. Im begining to hate Arum like most boxing fans.
Being ranked #1 does not make you mando, Lockett is the only fighter Pavlik is obligated to fight, and it looks like he is.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Being ranked #1 does not make you mando, Lockett is the only fighter Pavlik is obligated to fight, and it looks like he is.
So what? Pavlik has to face his mando, but Cotto doesn't? Why didn't Arum make Cotto face his mando if that's so important to him? Yuri Nuzhnenko is Cotto's mando, the WBA interum champ, and undefeated. He goes with Gomez? Arum is an asshole, and a hipocrit.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I dont' know who Rhodes is either.
Move away from your Mayweather shrine Shane there are lots of other good fighters to see yanno:cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Other than Ryan Rhodes (who was at best decent) Lockett has never beaten anyone of note. I think Lockett should consider it a victory if he can make it to the 4th round against Pavlik

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think Rubio would be a better choice than Lockett

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Move away from your Mayweather shrine Shane there are lots of other good fighters to see yanno:cheeky4::cheeky4:
What is a yanno? Also, you don't even want to begin going down the "you don't know your stuff" road with me. You have more knowledge of the past, but you can't even begin to compare these days.
Lockett aint on Pavlik's level. Kelly will stop him inside 4 rounds.
I agree even though I've never seen Lockett fight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts