Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 699 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik (33-0, 29 KOs) won a unanimous decision over Jermain Taylor (27-2-1, 17 KOs) in a very exciting non-title encounter on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas. Fighting at a catch weight of 166, Pavlik was busier while Taylor landed the sharper punches. Most of the rounds were close, but it was Pavlik who closed stronger to win by scores of 117-111, 115-113, 116-112.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
I see this as follows....round 1. taylor comes out, gets his ass beat. round 2. Gets his ass beat some more. round 3. goes down, gets back up. round 4. More ass beating. round 5. down again...doesn't get up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,348 Posts
ItalianBull said:
I see this as follows....round 1. taylor comes out, gets his ass beat. round 2. Gets his ass beat some more. round 3. goes down, gets back up. round 4. More ass beating. round 5. down again...doesn't get up.
That would be nice.
Taylor is going away just like Lacey did
 

·
tellin' it like it is
Joined
·
18,612 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
That would be nice.
Taylor is going away just like Lacey did
nah, i think he'll be around for a little while longer. we'll know for sure after rematching pavlik. even if pavlik beats him again he may just need to move up in weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
ItalianBull said:
I see this as follows....round 1. taylor comes out, gets his ass beat. round 2. Gets his ass beat some more. round 3. goes down, gets back up. round 4. More ass beating. round 5. down again...doesn't get up.
Ok I could see why you would say that because taylor got laid out in the 1st fight but do you forget he was winning the fight until then and he almost knocked pavlik in the 2nd round. I think if they have a rematch Taylor has a shot.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
taylor wins rematch via decision, i think he realizes to box and doesnt take one chance in the rematch. he'll fight like floyd would an dpeople wont like but he will get the UD.
 

·
tellin' it like it is
Joined
·
18,612 Posts
TysonJones said:
taylor wins rematch via decision, i think he realizes to box and doesnt take one chance in the rematch. he'll fight like floyd would an dpeople wont like but he will get the UD.
this scenario is plausible. i was thinking he'll circle pavlik as opposed to drawiing straight back, and stay the hell of them damn ropes! :cheeky4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
TysonJones said:
taylor wins rematch via decision, i think he realizes to box and doesnt take one chance in the rematch. he'll fight like floyd would an dpeople wont like but he will get the UD.
Never gonna happen. Are we going back and forth on this again? :laugh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Rayman said:
Never gonna happen. Are we going back and forth on this again? :laugh:
I was thinking the same thing dude. The first fight was great, but let it go guys. It is over. This hypothetical second fight is nothing more than rumors. It isn't the least bit official yet, so we don't really need to do the back and forth 6 months in advance IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Thinking more about the rematch...Taylor is taking a big risk. I know he wants his title back but if he gets wiped out again his careerer could be over; ala Roy Jones. Maybe he should take a tune up or two first, of course that would put a rematch way out there, not very attractive for him either. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
getRight198 said:
Ok I could see why you would say that because taylor got laid out in the 1st fight but do you forget he was winning the fight until then and he almost knocked pavlik in the 2nd round. I think if they have a rematch Taylor has a shot.
o.k. I was only being half serious. I think it will be a good fight like the first.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
If Taylor doesn't opt for a rematch with Pavlik people will say that he was scared to fight the guy that beat him. Well, I know that is what I will say ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
If Taylor doesn't opt for a rematch with Pavlik people will say that he was scared to fight the guy that beat him. Well, I know that is what I will say ;)
This is true but, is Pavlik willing to give up the belts already because I don't think Taylor will ever be back at 160.
 

·
tellin' it like it is
Joined
·
18,612 Posts
Rayman said:
Thinking more about the rematch...Taylor is taking a big risk. I know he wants his title back but if he gets wiped out again his careerer could be over; ala Roy Jones. Maybe he should take a tune up or two first, of course that would put a rematch way out there, not very attractive for him either. :confused:
the way i see it he might as well go for the rematch. taylor doesn't fight because he loves fighting, he fights to make a living. fighting pavlik will again will make him another good paycheck. not to mention he was winning the fight up until he got starched. he just has to relax and box pavlik, and pick his spots to exchange. i'd favor pavlik because of the way the fight ended, but i'd consider taylor a very live underdog in the rematch.
 

·
tellin' it like it is
Joined
·
18,612 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I was thinking the same thing dude. The first fight was great, but let it go guys. It is over. This hypothetical second fight is nothing more than rumors. It isn't the least bit official yet, so we don't really need to do the back and forth 6 months in advance IMO.
al haymon wouldn't sign off on the fight without the contract including a rematch clause. they'll definately do the dance one more time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
BigDigga said:
the way i see it he might as well go for the rematch. taylor doesn't fight baecause he loves fighting, he fights to make a living. fighting pavlik will again will make him another good paycheck. not to mention he was winning the fight up until he got starched. he just has to relax and box pavlik, and pick his spots to exchange. i'd favor pavlik because of the way the fight ended, but i'd consider taylor a very live underdog in the rematch.
Yeah he did admit he fights more for the money, several million should cure another shellacking
 
1 - 20 of 699 Posts
Top