Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kermit Cintron TKO10 Jesse Feliciano... Kermit Cintron appeared to be on his way to another early night after he battered Jessie Feliciano around the ring during the opening frame of his tougher than expected title defense at the Staples Center earlier this evening, but Feliciano had other ideas. The huge underdog managed to shorten the distance, get to Cintron's chest and land some short crisp punches. Although Cintron might have won the majority of the ensuing rounds, he was certainly getting hit a lot more than he was expected, a fact his swelling eyes could not refute. Feliciano had his moments and didn't take a backwards step even as referee John Shirley stopped the contest at 1:53 of round 10. Cintron began writhing in pain on the canvas after he celebrated his victory. "I hurt my right hand with the very first right hand I hit him with in round one. I heard it crack and I had a lot of pain with it," said the IBF welterweight champion.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Bit of a step down in class from Mattyse dont ya think? I think Cintron should be looking for a Margarito rematch, to bury those demons.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's just trying to stay busy for now. Since all the top welterweights besides williams and margy already have dates set it seems. He just trying to stay active and will most likely fight williams or rematch margy. this vargas/mayorga card is gettign even better.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Cintron has stated that the fight he wants most is a rematch against marg. He said the reason he said mosley is because he thought marg would beat williams and would face cotto next. Since that isn't happening he wants that fight made. I agree he just wants to stay busy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mosley Beats Cintron. Cintron Beats Feliciano. Cotto beats margarito. These fights would most likely be over before they began. Mosley is an old guy now but he's experienced and still fast as hell. Cintron... I agree with LeedsLad, he's taking a step down but he's looking to improve his record and keep the ring rust well away from himself. I'd like to see more of him. He does have some demons that need to be slain if not only to prove to himself that he can step up and vie for contention.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dunno george, mosley has a hard time with long, tall and hard punching fighters. plus hes getting up their in age.

·
Registered
10 Posts
K. Tru. But Mosley beat Trinidad twice if I can recall correctly. And he's at least the latter of the two things that you stated. Either way I WOULD like to see a fight from him soon so I could be a little more confident in my assumptions. Kinda like with Holyfeild. I was one of the doubters but.. well he did show he does still have a peice of the pie that made him the only 4 time heavyweight champion in history. But you know what man, screw the mosley and cintron thing. You wanna know who I really want to see fight. The whole undisclosed medical reasons I think is a whole bunch of bullshit untill I see otherwise. Chagaev. payoff or somethin. I've heard .. I can't remember what boxer it was. He wasn't A rated but a ok if not good B rated fighter. He's relatively well known. Darnit. Can't remember but he had fought rachman and darnit this sucks well anyways He's fought and lost to some big names in the heavyweight division. He said that Chagaev was by far the "hardest puncher I've ever come across". Also Chagaev has massive dedication. He trained his neck muscles for his fight against the giant that he de throned cause he knew his neck would fatigue looking up at the 7 foot fighter. He brought in Basketball players and his trainer stood on a bucket for a good amount of his preperation for the fight. And he won pretty soundly in my opinion. The giant took away some power because of his height from Chagaev. The whole no leverage and puching up shpeil. But anyways I wanna see it. The unification of the Heavyweight titles.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mosley never fought tito, he beat oscar twice and vargas twice, he lost twice to forrest and winky.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cintron-Feliciano Back on Vargas-Mayorga Bill Recommend this page Printable version Search BoxingScene Database

By Rick Reeno

Donald Tremblay of Main Events confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Kermit Cintron (28-2, 26KOs) will indeed defend his IBF welterweight title against Jesse Feliciano (15-5, 9KOs) on the undercard to Fernando Vargas vs. Ricardo Mayorga on Nov. 23 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Tremblay said that overseas reports of a Joshua Clottey-Cintron bout moving forward for Dec. 1 are 100% false.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Updated main page , Cintron wins in a non stop barn burner, Props to feliciano. I hope he doesnt have severe brain damage.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
this feliciano can really fight, he has a win and a draw over alfonso gomez to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts