Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PAUL WILLIAMS AND KERMIT CINTRON AGREE TO UNIFY!

HBO

WBO and IBF belts at Stake

Welterweight divison

2/2/08
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Williams wont be able to just stand still and throw punches like he did against Margarito. If he does he'll get caught.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Williams will out box Cintron to the point where he will get fustrated and Steward will have no answer for him. Then Williams will ko Cintron.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,820 Posts
Cintron by KO IMO. It would be a bad idea for Williams to try to outbox Cintron cause they're about the same height and Kermit got a good reach. Paul might have the edge if they get toe to toe. I see Paul throwing a lot of punches as usual but he's gonna leave a good opening at some point and Kermit only needs one shot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
I think williams win by ud , but at the same time if he gets caught with one of those cintron bombs its over. Should be a great fight.
 

·
Mental Midget
Joined
·
4,170 Posts
Balistik said:
Cintron by KO IMO. It would be a bad idea for Williams to try to outbox Cintron cause they're about the same height and Kermit got a good reach. Paul might have the edge if they get toe to toe. I see Paul throwing a lot of punches as usual but he's gonna leave a good opening at some point and Kermit only needs one shot...
Paul Williams 6' 1" 82" reach
Kermit Cintron 5' 11" 72" reach

Kermit has a decent reach yes, but it is clearly nullified by Williams' height and reach. If this fight stays on the outside, its an EASY dec for Williams. If Paul allows it to go inside, then its a tossup. Kermit will get hit ALOT in this fight. He needs to show some grit to win this one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,820 Posts
If williams stays on the outside he will be on the receiving end of Cintron's right hand. That's when the right hand is the most effective : when you go into full motion. Williams is quicker and he's good with short punches like his left hook or uppercut. If he gets close to Cintron he will be out of danger and his workrate might do some damage.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think this fight will be much like taylor/pavlik I, williams faster hands will be apparent but he'll eventually get caught with one to many clean shots from cintron.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Captainobvious said:
Paul Williams 6' 1" 82" reach
Kermit Cintron 5' 11" 72" reach

Kermit has a decent reach yes, but it is clearly nullified by Williams' height and reach. If this fight stays on the outside, its an EASY dec for Williams. If Paul allows it to go inside, then its a tossup. Kermit will get hit ALOT in this fight. He needs to show some grit to win this one.
And 1 of those punches will ko Cintron
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Balistik said:
If williams stays on the outside he will be on the receiving end of Cintron's right hand. That's when the right hand is the most effective : when you go into full motion. Williams is quicker and he's good with short punches like his left hook or uppercut. If he gets close to Cintron he will be out of danger and his workrate might do some damage.
How is Cintron gonna get to Williams??? Williams throws too many punches for him to just stand there and take a clean shot form the outside.
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top