Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WBA announced Tuesday that it has designated former WBA/WBC super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler as the "official challenger" for its super middleweight title, an honor now held by Anthony "The Man" Mundine. Kessler won the WBA crown by stopping Manny Siaca Jr., and, in his first title defense, went Down Under to unanimously outpoint Mundine in Sydney. "Mundine is a very tough customer," Kessler said. "He comes to fight and I respect that. I look forward to another rugged match against him now. I think it's fair to say he's a fellow who keeps improving which is understandable since he switched to boxing after being a big star in Australian Rules football. He's not the type to run away from a challenge." Kessler, who turned 29 on March 1, has not fought since his November 4 loss against Joe Calzaghe

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think 168 is where he'll dominate. I dont see nobody beating him there untill Kenny Anderson is primed. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
i thought he was going to be granted a top 10 ranking allowing him to challenge for the green' belt immediaitely if he chooses to do so.
You never know whats gonna happen in boxing especially when the fighter is Kessler.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Man we're always on bright and early in the mornin'.
I know. Im always on during work. I get on after my breakfast and coffie. Then I come to my desk with some OJ and log in here as well as a few other sites including my work site.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Hehe it doesnt matter if he fights for the belt at 175 or 168 cause its both gonna end the same..... with Kesslers hand being raised ofc
If it dont matter why cant he decide what to do??? Who to fight??? What weight class to fight in???

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
This is all new to him hes has always been the guy chasing other fighters and calling fighters out and since now he can actually choose his opponents and has many options, its all new to him :p hehe give him this fight and then im sure he will be quicker next time :p

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
This is all new to him hes has always been the guy chasing other fighters and calling fighters out and since now he can actually choose his opponents and has many options, its all new to him :p hehe give him this fight and then im sure he will be quicker next time :p
BS. Im sure this is not new to him. Im sure he has been called out in his life at sometime. We all have. So this aint new. And it shouldnt be this hard of a decision.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts