Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mikkel Kessler regained the WBA super middleweight world title with a twelfth round stoppage of previously unbeaten Dimitri Sartison on Saturday night at Brondby Hall in Copenhagen, Denmark. Kessler steadily broke down the game Sartison, finally flooring him in the eleventh round and finishing him in the following round. Kessler must now face Danilo Häußler in his first defense.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never saw it Ulster. I just read the PBP on boxingscene and it seems it was pretty one - sided.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Did not see the fight but my dad did. He said this wa pretty much just a warm up fight for bigger things to come for Kessler. Kessler was calm and outboxed the other guy most of the fight and then went looking for the stoppage in the end.

I hope Kessler does not fight that Haubler fella and goes and gets himself a big fight in America.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did not see the fight but my dad did. He said this wa pretty much just a warm up fight for bigger things to come for Kessler. Kessler was calm and outboxed the other guy most of the fight and then went looking for the stoppage in the end.

I hope Kessler does not fight that Haubler fella and goes and gets himself a big fight in America.
I think he'll be forced to Brutus but there will be big things to come after that. Hopefully if AA and Pavlik meet Kessler will fight the winner.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Kessler/Pavlik will probably happen in September of '09. That is going to be one helluva fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kessler/Pavlik will probably happen in September of '09. That is going to be one helluva fight.
Pavlik IMO should only face one guy next and that is AA. Kessler id like to see fight the winner when he gets done with his mando.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, he does, but anyone with half a brain knows that it is meaningless, undeserved, and won against a guy who had even less business being in that "title" fight than he did.
Boxing is a business and Kessler fighting for a world title in Denmark is worth a fortune to him. I doubt he's losing any sleep with another seven figure sum in his bank account.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Boxing is a business and Kessler fighting for a world title in Denmark is worth a fortune to him. I doubt he's losing any sleep with another seven figure sum in his bank account.
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, but as a fan of the sport, this does nothing to impress me or prove that he has recovered from his first loss. Of course he's satisified to get some decent pay with zero risk and have the chance to win a title even coming off of a defeat, but it's bogus stuff such as this that makes me root for some guys to fail.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts