Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mikkel kessler vs Nigel benn?
i have become quite a fan off kessler after the calzaghe lose. Hes a very good boxer and can bang. I wasnt sure where to put this thread because nigel is abit of boxing history lol and i guessed it should go in this part.
Who would you pick to win this fight?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Kessler IMO should win this fight. If he boxed sensibly behind the jab, using 1-2s and kept moving he could win a clear UD. However, if he started mixing it up he would be in serious trouble, because Benn was a monster puncher at 168.

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
got to go with Benn, he was a legend at super-middleweight, of what we know of the two boxers, the calibre of opponents benn fought is higher than kessler's at the moment, and he showed more than we have seen from kessler so far

however, kessler did win my respect in calzaghe's fight, and give a few more years he might be a great boxer, then we could compare both boxers again because he has good power and a good boxing brain aswell

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the dark destroyey would have beaten kessler, nigell would have made the fight his type of which would have been a war, benn throws non-stop and had great head movement as well as a pretty descent jab.

calzaghe who is a hard puncher had kessler wobbling a couple of times in the fight was not anywhere near as devasating a puncher as benn.

benn was an animal who fought and beat better fighters than kessler (g-mam) so id have said benn would have beaten him by ko around the 8th.

kessler is a class act though, no doubt but benn was on a diffrent planet while primed.

nigell benn is the only fighter ive seen get hurt and be at his most dangerous, when benn was hurt you were getting knocked out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
TommyGunn said:
the dark destroyey would have beaten kessler, nigell would have made the fight his type of which would have been a war, benn throws non-stop and had great head movement as well as a pretty descent jab.

calzaghe who is a hard puncher had kessler wobbling a couple of times in the fight was not anywhere near as devasating a puncher as benn.

benn was an animal who fought and beat better fighters than kessler (g-mam) so id have said benn would have beaten him by ko around the 8th.

kessler is a class act though, no doubt but benn was on a diffrent planet while primed.

nigell benn is the only fighter ive seen get hurt and be at his most dangerous, when benn was hurt you were getting knocked out.
The dark destroyey Nigel Benn was a animal in the ring @ his best.kessler has good boxing skills,now i look @ Benns fights with Chirs here.Dose kessler have as good chin as chirs did hmmmmm,its not a easy call.In a war Benn would beat 98% of guys out there,so im just about going with Benn here.Now if this is a leader to fighting Joe calzaghe i would say Joe wins v Benn.I must admit i was a massive fan of Nigel Benn when he was boxing.When Benn was in his prime the uk,we had great boxers @ his weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts