Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Calzaghe seem to be moving out of the Super MW division he leaves 3 titles behind, to me the top dogs in this division are Kessler and Lacy altough somone might mention Froch or Bute i really think Lacy is better then them.

I think Kessler vs Lacy would be a great fight, based on their matches with Calzaghe Kessler should def. win that fight but i think Lacy can do more than he showed us in that match against Calzaghe, i personally would pick Kessler to win but i would not be suprised to see Lacy pulling the upset.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Lacy's style would be taylormade for Kessler. Kessler would easily knock Lacy out. Kessler has lots of power with both hands and would land at will with Lacy's looping punches.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I would have to go with kessler due to his performance last night against calzaghe. He showed he has the skill and fighting brain to be champion again if calzaghe leaves the div. Theres no one at SM that can beat joe but if there was kessler was the man to do so. I was impressed with him last night in the fight i gave him 4 rounds out of the 12. The 4 rounds where easily kesslers to me. I cant see anyone apart from joe beating him in SM. Froch and Lacy are made for kessler. A move up to light heavy?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't think Lacy would have a chance against Kessler!

Kessler is way too solid, and i'd think he'd have Lacy down before 8 rounds. Kessler is easily next best SM once Joe moves up in my opinion, but each to their own.

Would definately be an interesting fight!

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Brutus said:
Now that Calzaghe seem to be moving out of the Super MW division he leaves 3 titles behind, to me the top dogs in this division are Kessler and Lacy altough somone might mention Froch or Bute i really think Lacy is better then them.

I think Kessler vs Lacy would be a great fight, based on their matches with Calzaghe Kessler should def. win that fight but i think Lacy can do more than he showed us in that match against Calzaghe, i personally would pick Kessler to win but i would not be suprised to see Lacy pulling the upset.

What do you guys think?
Lacey isnt ready for Kessler yet, after the Calzaghe schooling and his serious injury he needs a couple of confidence building fights

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Its a good fight for kessler so that he can Ko lacy, and he'll be able to say that he beat lacy worse than calzaghe did. But Lacy is only getting better but the bad thing is, so is kessler. and kessler can put like no freakin other. I love the way he throws bombs. Kessler will most likely fight mundine again I believe and lacy is 99 percent fighting manfredo on the undercard of mayweather/hatton.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Bika is an awkward opponent to judge against, but Bute hasnt been too impressive to me yet either. Mundine is returning to the ring soon guys, fighting some taxi driver from the street on December 12th;) Hes back to his old ways, fighting complete bums while saying how he'd beat Kessler and Calzaghe:laugh: When/if Calzaghe moves up and vacates the titles Mundine will probably be promoted to real WBA champion, Kessler could fight him in a rematch then. Im 100% confident Kessler would KO Mundine if they fought again.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I want to see how Mundine looks first. He was promising. Bute impressed me in that win he had over Bika. I had Bute winning by three rounds.
Mundine is a solid contender, as is Bute. With all titles vacated, the division will hot up considerably. Kessler, Lacy, Bika, Mundine, Andrade, Inkin, Froch and Tsypko should have some kind of tournament for the titles.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
So do i, Bute has alot of time to improve as well so i think he might challenge Kessler in a couple of years, Lacy and Mundine also will be challengers. Id love to Lacy vs. Mundine, i always thought that would be a great fight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts