• Taylor KO

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Taylor Decision

Votes: 3 42.9%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's say that Jermain Taylor puts out a great performance and disposes of Jeff Lacy easily.

If Taylor performs well (I think he will), I think that Kessler vs. Taylor happens next. That's where the most realistic money fight can be made in the division. Who you guys got? Frankly, I'm not sure.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I ain't to sure either. Would be very close. Probably the best match up to be made in the 168 division.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Probably Taylor, if he fights like he did in Pavlik II. It would be close and Kessler could very easily come out on top.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Let's say that Jermain Taylor puts out a great performance and disposes of Jeff Lacy easily.

If Taylor performs well (I think he will), I think that Kessler vs. Taylor happens next. That's where the most realistic money fight can be made in the division. Who you guys got? Frankly, I'm not sure.
He will, it'll be pretty easy too, by way of a late round ko. I can see Taylor out pointing Kessler, especially if Ozell can bring Jermain to start jabbing like he did before Hopkins

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Taylor would be the safe bet, but i got to go with my heart on this one and go with Kessler, i believe he can pull this off, the best thing for Kessler would be if Taylor would not dance around and keep moving like Calzaghe did and instead try to stand infront of Kessler and counter him, if he does that i believe Kessler will outpoint him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I like Taylor by UD. I think he sticks with the jab and outboxes Kessler. This is a fight I really want to see.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd have to go with Taylor, but all that hinges upon how he does against Lacy. If the Taylor that fought Pavlik in either fight (especially the second) shows up, then Taylor definitely wins, even possibly stops Kessler.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Kessler wins this one.... taylor is utter garbage...... never rated him never will.... bores the hell out of me... plus Kessler has got devastating power... i can see kessler winning the UD

Taylor won't put kessler off his game wouldn't surpirse me if Kessler won by KO

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I'd have to go with Taylor, but all that hinges upon how he does against Lacy. If the Taylor that fought Pavlik in either fight (especially the second) shows up, then Taylor definitely wins, even possibly stops Kessler.
Id bet all my points Taylor couldn't stop Kessler. Taylor hasn't stopped anyone of note, and Kessler has proven to have a pretty solid chin. If anyone's getting stopped its Taylor IMO, though i think this fight would go the distance everytime.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Depends which Taylor shows up. I'd give a slight edge to Kessler but it's basically a coin flip IMO.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Id bet all my points Taylor couldn't stop Kessler. Taylor hasn't stopped anyone of note, and Kessler has proven to have a pretty solid chin. If anyone's getting stopped its Taylor IMO, though i think this fight would go the distance everytime.
I didn't say I thought it would happen, but I think there's a chance. Kessler got beat in his biggest fight and he nearly got stopped. He was hurt badly by a Calzaghe body shot :confused: :thumbsdown: and was saved by the ref coming in to break up the action. Now he's fighting Joe Schmoe's, so that doesn't exactly prepare you for a more talented guy and Taylor is definitely more talented. It's just a matter of whether or not he can put it all together. Maybe we can bet on that if the fight comes together. Right now, I've got my sights set on Mijares getting stopped.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I didn't say I thought it would happen, but I think there's a chance. Kessler got beat in his biggest fight and he nearly got stopped. He was hurt badly by a Calzaghe body shot :confused: :thumbsdown: and was saved by the ref coming in to break up the action. Now he's fighting Joe Schmoe's, so that doesn't exactly prepare you for a more talented guy and Taylor is definitely more talented. It's just a matter of whether or not he can put it all together. Maybe we can bet on that if the fight comes together. Right now, I've got my sights set on Mijares getting stopped.
As i said earlier in the thread, i got Taylor winning. I just don't think hes got a chance of stopping Kessler. Id definetly bet on Darchinyan-Mijares, i don't see Vic having a chance in that.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
As i said earlier in the thread, i got Taylor winning. I just don't think hes got a chance of stopping Kessler. Id definetly bet on Darchinyan-Mijares, i don't see Vic having a chance in that.
I'll bet you 1500 credits on a Darchinyan win if you'll give me decent odds since he is the underdog.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Taylor is not stopping anyone not even Lacy. And Mijares is gonna absolutely dominate Darchinyan.
Once that fight gets here, I just might bet you on a Taylor stoppage. Mendoza had him super close and I think Taylor might close the show after failing to against Pavlik. It was Pavlik's heart that got him off the canvas and allowed him to survive another onslaught. Lacy's heart is definitely in question now. He had just retired because of earnings he deemed to be paltry, but decided he needed the money so he un-retired and took the fight.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
There no question about Lacy's heart in my mind. It's weak. Fot that reason, I think Taylor could very well stop Lacy. And he will definately beat him. Is anyone picking Lacy around here?

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Once that fight gets here, I just might bet you on a Taylor stoppage. Mendoza had him super close and I think Taylor might close the show after failing to against Pavlik. It was Pavlik's heart that got him off the canvas and allowed him to survive another onslaught. Lacy's heart is definitely in question now. He had just retired because of earnings he deemed to be paltry, but decided he needed the money so he un-retired and took the fight.
Yeah but why did Pavlik get hurt in the 1st place? Because he stuck his chin out. Lacy won't do that mistake but he's gonna get tagged an awful lot anyway.
If everything goes well I'll have a LOT of points around fight time so I'll take your bet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts